Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

$360 l92

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $360 l92

Recently I picked up a 08 L92 with approx. 150k has a cracked piston due to valve failure. Found the long block on offerup guy was asking $500 obo had it posted "6.2 escalade block". I arrived motor turned over well I couldn't hear anything crazy inside was dirty. For 150k miles and $500 I wasn't expecting more. There was a language barrier I don't know Spanish he didn't speak English we had no clue what each were saying. Funny site but man was it frustrating, so we began with numbers. I offered him $300 he said $400 after some Time we agreed on $360. Cash is king no matter the language we were able to make a deal.

So now... I have a L92 that has #5 cracked with a chewed up head. Took it to the machine shop they said no problem cyclinder walls looked ok heads fixable. My question is can I just change that piston and valves? Drop a new set of rings and bearings throughout? I'm having the heads cleaned and all news seats/seals the block is getting torn down and cleaned by the machine shop. ( leave Piston removal to them in case any wall damage.

Should I replace all valves or just the two with 150k on pistons should I replace all as well I plan on reusing stock rods