Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Got a nasty email from LS1TECH

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Got a nasty email from LS1TECH

So aparantly you cannot post a product from a non-vendor site on LS1Tech I received a email saying I was charged 20 points for posting non vender website on a post... well excuse me, the vendors that buy advertising are not the only game in town, are we here for the car enthusiast or the vendors? How are newbies to the culture suppose to gain knowledge if you censor peoples experience with companies that support the platform unless they are sponsors? I get it, you want the $$$ from the companies advertising here, but this is where I disagree, If you advertise here then you are trying to make a name for yourselves in the market, you are in competition with other companies and your saying your products are superior to others and you will pay to prove it..... this censorship of other companies says, my company is better cause we pay fees and anyone that doesn't is inferior.... Sorry, dont agree

let the hate begin

Last edited by SRT8.Acelleration; 09-11-2018 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This site is here to make money. The owner of the site doesn't even try to deny it - he actually brags about how he made a successful business out of it. He made a thread about it on here somewhere. It's around.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:00 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT8.Acelleration
So aparantly you cannot post a product from a non-vendor site on LS1Tech I received a email saying I was charged 20 points for posting non vender website on a post... well excuse me, the vendors that buy advertising are not the only game in town, are we here for the car enthusiast or the vendors? How are newbies to the culture suppose to gain knowledge if you censor peoples experience with companies that support the platform unless they are sponsors? I get it, you want the $$$ from the companies advertising here, but this is where I disagree, If you advertise here then you are trying to make a name for yourselves in the market, you are in competition with other companies and your saying your products are superior to others and you will pay to prove it..... this censorship of other companies says, my company is better cause we pay fees and anyone that doesn't is inferior.... Sorry, dont agree

let the hate begin
Please quit being a drama queen a read the policy...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ng-policy.html

“1. We do NOT allow pricing or any form of contact information to be posted for non-sponsoring vendors. This includes email address, website, physical address, phone number, etc..”

“6. We allow non-sponsoring manufacturers and vendors to come to LS1TECH and speak about their new products or answer technical questions about their products. This has never been a problem.”

The problem isn’t discussing products from Non-Sponsors. It’s when you post links and pricing info. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by KCS; 09-12-2018 at 11:55 AM.