Notices
Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Spark Plug Guru needed

Old 12-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Default Spark Plug Guru needed

*Edit*

Screw it, I added some more picture and questions.

Hello,

I'm wondering what all can be clearly identified using the picture below. These plugs are about 50 miles old.So they're very young. My concern are listed below:

1) No browning what-so-ever of the spark plug in question. I expected browning of the porcelain insulator?
2) Where *exactly* is the "timing" mark on this? there are so many marks on the ground strap, that I can't identify it.

Spark # 2, 4, 6, 8 all look like this one. (all in bank 2 of course).
Sparks # 3 and 7 look like the picture as well.
Unfortunately, sparks # 1 and 5 have much heavier deposits. Anyway, lets start with spark #6.

Im currently not interested in reading the WOT ring at the very bottom as these plugs have not been used for WOT run just yet.

Spark #6 (majority condition of all other sparks)

Bank 1 summary of sparks. Notice how 1 and 5 have browning on the tip...Oil leakage in to the chamber? gummed up injectors? or something else?

Now for this picture below, spark #3, I noticed a significant "scuff" looking mark. What in the world is that?

Thanks,
Andy

Last edited by AndyTA; 12-20-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

You running E85?
Old 12-20-2018, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
You running E85?
Hello good sir! :-)

I'm running 91. No E85. I assume you're asking because the condition of the air/fuel ring look rich?

Thanks,
Andy

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: