Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cranks, no start. c6 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cranks, no start. c6 corvette

Greetings,

Hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction. Just pulled a twin turbo kit and installed a YSI kit to cycle back the complexity and money pit that's my car.

I have everything installed, but I cant get the car to run (did before I took everything off and reinstalled).Car cranks and cranks without firing.

No codes being thrown from what I can see in hp tuners

I am getting fuel which I can verify by the gauge on my fore regulator (holds steady at 60 psi) and I pulled the plugs and do have fuel on the tips.

I verified spark with an ignition tester and getting consistent spark on all cylinders when cranking.

I changed the crank position sensor to a new one

Verified all grounds are good and mounted.

Next step is changing the cam position sensor, but the car should run even if this was damaged somehow. I was playing around with HP tuners and noticed my fans wouldn't turn on by going into the settings and turning Fan 1 on and setting the PWC to 90%. I have my fans hardwired, but can a faulty fan circuit lead to a no start?

Thoughts??

Crank log; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OfO...avMf-AhWY/view
Old 04-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Check all of you grounds as that can cause a no start. Car will start with bad cam sensor just crank longer. Have you changed anything involving VATs or is it disabled? Have you verified the injectors are plugged in correctly? Can you see a crank signal in HP tuners?
Old 04-09-2019, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Check vats, grounds, and crank/cam sensor counts while cranking with hptuners. Tht will rule out faulty cam sensor. It will not start with a bad cam sensor. It controls injector pulse.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,023 Likes on 2,354 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
It will not start with a bad cam sensor. It controls injector pulse.
Not true. It WILL start once the ECM figures out where the engine is in the firing sequence, which the cam sensor helps to do, and that's all it does. It just takes longer to start without the cam sensor. It does not control the injector pulse. The ECM does that.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Check vats, grounds, and crank/cam sensor counts while cranking with hptuners. Tht will rule out faulty cam sensor. It will not start with a bad cam sensor. It controls injector pulse.
Can I turn off vats on a corvette? I dont show the option in HP Tuners.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:25 AM
Teching In

I changed out the crank position sensor again just in case I received a dud as well as the cam position sensor. Unfortunately, still no dice.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My C5 fired with the cam sensor disconnected and gave a check engine light. We missed the connection reinstalling the motor. Pulled the intake and reconnected the sensor, no check engine light.