Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 dry-to-wet sump conversion questions/issues.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default LS7 dry-to-wet sump conversion questions/issues.

Anyone here done a conversion like this? I've got a whole bunch of parts with no directions/instructions for the kit. There's a "spacer" that came with the kit. My question is, which way does the spacer get installed onto the LS7crankshaft snout? It is tapered on the outside. Does the small, tapered end to towards the oil pump?

Thnks in advance for any help and assistance.

Tapered end going towards the oil pump.

Non-tapered end going towards the oil pump.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:07 AM
ModSquad

Received 3,575 Likes on 2,199 Posts

I’ve never done one, so no personal experience for me, but I did some looking around for you and I’m copying and pasting this from a website that sells the parts. I can’t post a link. This is in regards to the spacer only. Notice the bold part of the text I’ve pasted...

Installs on the long snout of the dry sump crankshaft to provide the correct offset spacing for the standard oil pump, front cover and accessory drive systems. When using this spacer, make sure to use the balancer that will fit the rest of your accessory setup.

Installs between the harmonic balancer and the crankshaft bolt.

NOTE: will NOT work with LS9 crankshaft. Use ONLY with GM LS7/LS3 Dry Sump Crank Bolt or the ARP LS7 Crank Bolt.

Id say once you match the end of the crank bolt to the spacer, you’ll have your answer.
The following users liked this post:
sixt9er (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
I’ve never done one, so no personal experience for me, but I did some looking around for you and I’m copying and pasting this from a website that sells the parts. I can’t post a link. This is in regards to the spacer only. Notice the bold part of the text I’ve pasted...

Installs on the long snout of the dry sump crankshaft to provide the correct offset spacing for the standard oil pump, front cover and accessory drive systems. When using this spacer, make sure to use the balancer that will fit the rest of your accessory setup.

Installs between the harmonic balancer and the crankshaft bolt.

NOTE: will NOT work with LS9 crankshaft. Use ONLY with GM LS7/LS3 Dry Sump Crank Bolt or the ARP LS7 Crank Bolt.

Id say once you match the end of the crank bolt to the spacer, you’ll have your answer.
Thank you for the reply. It's greatly appreciated. Where did you find this info at?
Old 10-14-2020, 04:29 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,575 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Sent you a link via PM.

Quick Reply: LS7 dry-to-wet sump conversion questions/issues.