Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LC9 DOD lifter issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LC9 DOD lifter issue

I've been searching and haven't found any posts with my same circumstances. Hoping someone will point me in the right direction. 2012 LC9 with 197k miles. Not the cleanest engine inside. DOD lifters were making some horrible noises from #4. Replaced them as well as the VLOM while I was at it because of how nasty the old one was. Oil pressure sending unit is new as well. Still have misfire on cyl. 4 so I pulled the valve cover & found that when I start it, the rockers move normally. As soon as the oil system pressurizes( I presume that's what it is because it's about 2-3 seconds after start up) both rockers stop moving. So I'm assuming that the DOD lifters are getting oil pressure and locking shut. That's the only cylinder doing it though. 0 compression in that hole too. So I disabled the DOD system in HP Tuners and tried it again. Same exact result. I'm unsure where to go from here. Anybody else run into this scenario before? I'm tempted to just swap cams and do the DOD delete if I can't get this resolved. But I feel like there is a simple answer that I'm missing.

Quick Reply: LC9 DOD lifter issue