Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS2 intake installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 intake installed

Damn what a pain in the *** it was. Did the LS2 intake with LS2 rails, sdpc throttle cable bracket and fast throttle body. Had to buy my own bolts for the tb and fuel rails. Stock bolts won't work with the throttle cable bracket. Had to get a threaded stick and use washers and nuts to hold it on. Basically made my own stud kit. Had to space up the cable bracket and the fuel rails. I just used some nuts to space it off that worked great. Shaved a little bit off the throttle body swing arm to clear the electric water pump. Had to make some new bellows from some rubber fernco fitting. I would think that the fast 90mm would have been the better way to go. It does look very clean though now that everything is in. I have to do some tuning on the car before I can really drive it. Waiting on an adapter plug for my maf also. Running in speed density right now. I'll will post some pics later.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Launching!

Id love to see those pics. Man i wish it wasnt such a pain damn it. Whyd u decide to go with the LS2 intake? From the way the stock numbers look on the LS2, i would have prolly saved my self the trouble and thrown on the LS6 intake. Is the LS2 intake really that much better?
Old 01-12-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't seen any gains from the LS2 over a LS6 or FAST intake. Have I missed something? Is the swap even worth it?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had the ls6 on there before with a ported stock tb. Worked good, but I figured my 422ci would breathe better with a 90mm intake. I went with the ls2 based off the price. Anyways had to modify the sdpc throttle bracket to get the tb to open up to 100% tps. Finally got it all done. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails LS2 intake installed-pic1.jpg   LS2 intake installed-pic2.jpg   LS2 intake installed-pic3.jpg   LS2 intake installed-pic4.jpg   LS2 intake installed-pic5.jpg  

Quick Reply: LS2 intake installed