Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

FAST LSX 90mm on an LS2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 03:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 29 Posts

I called FAST about a month ago and they were considering the logistics of even making a revised version.

If the only issue was the bump for the MAP then the sensor can be relocated to the front as on the LS2 manifold and the mod to the firewall would be minimal....like to see what they come up with.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinmonster
I called FAST about a month ago and they were considering the logistics of even making a revised version.

If the only issue was the bump for the MAP then the sensor can be relocated to the front as on the LS2 manifold and the mod to the firewall would be minimal....like to see what they come up with.

Thanks for the reply.

But how much do you have to modify the firewall?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok...just found out that you have to pound(as if we already didn't know) in the firewall for it to work.

According to Fuel Air Spark Technology
Old 10-03-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 29 Posts

You trim the firewall 3" by 4" oval and recover it.

The fuel rail for the LS2 mounting holes don't line up so you use oversized washers to hold it down. The o-rings on the bottom of the injectors get changed to the LS1 size ones. The LS2 fuel rail doesn't need to get bent to fit.

I installed it and it functions perfectly for months now; worth doing it.

Someone said there is a gain or 10rwhp from the Nick Williams throttlebody....is that a fact with some proof or just some forum rumor?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spinmonster
You trim the firewall 3" by 4" oval and recover it.

The fuel rail for the LS2 mounting holes don't line up so you use oversized washers to hold it down. The o-rings on the bottom of the injectors get changed to the LS1 size ones. The LS2 fuel rail doesn't need to get bent to fit.

I installed it and it functions perfectly for months now; worth doing it.

Someone said there is a gain or 10rwhp from the Nick Williams throttlebody....is that a fact with some proof or just some forum rumor?

What do you recover it with?

It is,...like a composite(hardened plastic?) or something. Can't remember 100% cause it was on friday,.,..and it's been a long weekend. Plus I just got off the phone with my X girlfriend,...so my mind is mash potatoes right about now(still thinking though)....

Maybe you could do a small piece of sheet metal,..and rivit it?

I dunno.

Quick Reply: FAST LSX 90mm on an LS2?