Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Oil pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure gauge

We pulled the oil pressure sending unit on Black8banger's LS2. The plan was to hook up a gauge, verify low oil pressure and replace the sending unit if needed or hook the old one back up. Once we got the intake off and the sending unit out, I started thinking about doing away with the sending unit altogether and go ahead and hook up a permanent tubing connection to the sensor tap to go to a new dash board oil pressure gauge. The cost is about the same as the sending unit and I think the oil pressure gauge would be a lot more reliable. From what I've seen is an oil pressure plastic tubing going from the motor to the back of the gauge. This way we only have to install the intake, etc one more time also. Any suggestions or ideas? Where's the best place to route the tubing? Is there any better way to do this than to use the small tubing that comes with the gauge? Thanks!
Old 11-27-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use that location or run a T from that location so you keep both guages.

I actually drilled and tapped the sensor block off plate above the oil filter and use that for my A pillar mounted guage. I also have the stock sender and dash guage hooked up.

With the oil pressure problems the Gen III motors have, you can't be too safe.

Is your oil pressure actually low?

Perry
Old 12-03-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh Man! Those plastic tubes scare me, after heat cycling many times it could get brittle and crack and it does not take much oil on a hot header to make a nasty fire, been there, done that. You can actually get #4 Aeroquip braided hose and the ends are a pretty reasonable price in that size. A lot more work, but a bulletproof oil setup.