Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cammed LS7 results

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be debated, but the LS7 exhuast ports while not putting out "big" numbers are just fine. I dont' think that much of an exhaust bias is needed.

It has been proven time and time again, especially on NA apps that the intake side is more critical for power production.

My guess is if someone made a camshaft with less exhaust duration and the same on the intake side that there would be almost no top end loss with bottom end gains.l
Old 01-06-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Big-DEN
I will be debated, but the LS7 exhuast ports while not putting out "big" numbers are just fine. I dont' think that much of an exhaust bias is needed.

It has been proven time and time again, especially on NA apps that the intake side is more critical for power production.

My guess is if someone made a camshaft with less exhaust duration and the same on the intake side that there would be almost no top end loss with bottom end gains.l
I wouldn't say that is true. My neighbor grew up with the people that started tnt motorsports and when I bullshitted with them, they where making more power with bigger exahust ports and valves rather than making the intake side bigger. Maybe that's the way the viper is, but I have to say intake and exhaust are equally important. If you noticed, LGM's vette was low on torque for awhile. That might have spawned from not enough exhaust. BTW, TNT were using 2.04 intake and 1.65 exhaust valves I believe. Or maybe it was a 2.02. Don't know for sure though.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cars running full exhaust/mufflers usually need lots of help with the exhaust.