Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating

I have a overheating issue on 95°+ days. Usually starts heating up on up-hills, I think it might be because my xenon fascia is keeping some of the air from getting to that black plastic air dam under the car?

It only becomes an issue in extreme conditions. And I can usually get it to drop back down some by throwing the heater on. But on a 110° day there couldn't be a better way to **** off my wife, than to roll down all the windows, mess up her hair, make her sweat with the heater on full blast.

Last summer I flushed the radiator changed the water pump and added redline water wet before we went to arizona, that didn't help. Would a better radiator help? SLP makes one... other suggestions before summer gets here? besides loose the ricer fascia LOL
Old 03-22-2006, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter what you do if you are not passing enough air you will never be able to keep it cool. If I were you I would find a way to get more air to the radiator. Even if you have to remove some parts on a temporary basis this will tell you if airflow is the problem. If it is you can decide how to deal with it, if not you know you need to look somewhere else.

Quick Reply: Overheating