Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Spray?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray?

I was wondering I will be doing a build up on my motor soon and I have a couple of questions. Do I need a lift to take my motor out or could I jerry rig something, I have every tool imaginable so I would be pissed to charge someone work I could do easily? Also, would I be ok just doing forged rods and pistons on a dual stage 300 shot? (150 1st stage ,150 2nd stage) Or would I need to do a crankshaft as well? Also when I put in forged rods and pistons someone told me that you need to hone the block, is this true? Or could I just put the pistons in? (blocks never been abused) Thanks foir the help.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldnt a lift fall under "every tool imaginable"? If you dont have a lift, then you need a cherry picker to lift the CAR over the MOTOR and slide the motor out. If your tearing the thing apart then why not go the whole 9 yards? Whenever you replace almost any part of the bottom end, you need to do block work. You'll also want to invest in a different tranny, w/your mods and a dual stage 300 shot, the 4L60E isnt gonna last long
Old 03-28-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh i kno that but i dont kno what im going with for the tranny yet, but I dont have a lift but I do have a cherry picker. Thanks.