Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

To someone that knows..!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006 | 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Default To someone that knows..!

Ok so I have just recently installed an LS6 ported oil pump, double roller timing chain, and MS3 cam. Well I accidentally put the drivers side spacer on the oil pump in wrong/backwards and didn't realize it...started it up and it started fine, ran fine...but then i discovered i had no oil pressure so I then tore it back down, fixed the spacer issue putting it where its supposed to be,...throwing everything back together and then starting it up. Well here comes the problem. It started up just fine and within 3-4 seconds I had oil pressure, thats when it DIED and would not start back up. I have no clue what would cause my engine to not like oil pressure...and start up without it and then not start up with it. Since then i have replaced the battery w/ a brand new one, fuel pump kicks in fine, spark plugs are getting spark. The car just sits and cranks over and every now and then it will hesitate and act like its gonna fire, more so when i let it sit for awhile. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!!
Old 05-11-2006 | 02:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Have you checked for fuel pressure? The pump can come on, but if the check valve is stuck, it won't build pressure, and ultimatlly won't crank. More so, I'd double check all the wiring you had to unhook, because it is to much of a coinsedence that it just started after you fixed the pump. BTW, TPS sensors can cause the car not to crank if there bad.
Old 05-11-2006 | 05:42 PM
Launching!

Ok, do you have gas in the car????!!!

Just kidding, yeah, did you pinch something when you were doing all of this? Lets see, you would have had to remove the damper, which means the whole front end came apart. Did you forget to tighten a ground wire back up?
Old 05-13-2006 | 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MSURacing
Ok, do you have gas in the car????!!!

Just kidding, yeah, did you pinch something when you were doing all of this? Lets see, you would have had to remove the damper, which means the whole front end came apart. Did you forget to tighten a ground wire back up?
Important.. I saw that happen, the only ground for the engine was a little wire on the harness, it only ran until that wire burn in two.

Tom

Quick Reply: To someone that knows..!