Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Average Cost of a mild LS2 rebuild???

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Average Cost of a mild LS2 rebuild???

Well ill most likely be getting an LS2 for my car. but the ls2 will need to be rebuilt even tho it has 2x,000 miles. what am i looking at for a basic rebuild, bearings rings gaskets. and what other percautions should i take to make sure the motor will last me? i was thinking of using ARP rod bolts and possibly head studs if they dont cost too much. but is there anything else i should do to make sure the engine lasts.

the mods im looking forward to is a 580-600 lift cam, springs, hardend pushrods. the engine might need a new set of valves so what would be my best choice for this? i dont want to spend too much but i know it will be up there.

i dont want the price of a cam ect in the cost of the rebuild because i already have cam springs and pushrods.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just out of curiousity why do you want to rebuild w/ only 2xK on it? Was it run pretty hard previously?
Old 07-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red99TA
Just out of curiousity why do you want to rebuild w/ only 2xK on it? Was it run pretty hard previously?
yes, i believe it bent a pushrod/valve floated and bent a valve or 2 or maybe worse but not sure. rev limiter was set at 7000-7200 i think for a stock motor that is a bit too high. and it started to smoke a little when this happened, maybe a guide got eaten up or possibly a seal or so.

the bottom end probably doesnt need any work, maybe i should just upgrade the valves and have a valve job done. but id like to eventually put probably a 75-100shot on it so i could and pray it holds up?

Quick Reply: Average Cost of a mild LS2 rebuild???