Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Actual difference in Ls7 intake bolt pattern and C5R bolt pattern

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:08 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Actual difference in Ls7 intake bolt pattern and C5R bolt pattern

I know the two are incompatible. Just like the Ls7 and the L92 have a different bolt pattern.

What I'm wondering is the actual ammount of difference on the Ls7 to C5R. In essence, if you had C5R heads, how much effort would be required to re-drill the bolt pattern. I'm just wondering if the holes are relatively close to one another but either the angle they are drilled at, or the size is way off., or if the holes don't intrude on one another.

I seem to remeber some discussion that the actual angle they are drilled on differs, and that is the main issue.

I know, I know. You can buy ETP heads. That isn't the point of this thread. I'm just wondering, if you came across a set of C5R heads and wanted to make them work with the Ls7 intake, or even the new carb intake, what is going to be required.

Thx.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good timing. I'm going to be remachining a set of C5R heads to fit an LS7 intake in the next couple of weeks.
There is an angle and location difference between the two. Let me know if you need a set done.

Richard
Old 09-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richard, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Sorry for keeping you past 5:00 P.M. Look forward to your results. An LS7 intake on my C5R heads would be awesome!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

richard,
off topic but did you guys ever get your L92 program worked out?
thanks
Ed
Old 09-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6 LandRocket
Richard, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Sorry for keeping you past 5:00 P.M. Look forward to your results. An LS7 intake on my C5R heads would be awesome!
Anytime friend. I'll be sure to post some pics of the conversion when it's done.

Originally Posted by 69firebird
richard,
off topic but did you guys ever get your L92 program worked out?
thanks
Ed
Thanks for asking.
I'm still finishing up some other projects at the moment. I hope to start working on the L92 in ernest in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

Richard