Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7Harland Sharp rocker mod info.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 08:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7Harland Sharp rocker mod info.

I would just like to tell anyone that is using this mod that you will need to get new bolts for the setup. We are putting a 427(Thanks LME) together for my partner in crime and ran into a problem. The bolts that Harland Sharp sent are too long. They are for a LS1,2 head. They will bottom out and will not seat the rocker on the pedestal on a LS7 head. I have contacted harland sharp and let them know about this. So be sure that if you do send them your rockers to be done this issue is being resolved as of today. If you allready have a set done and have not installed the rockers yet you will need to go out and get a 8mm bolt with a 1.25 thread pitch 35mm long. I have pics but I am @ work right now so I cant post anything. But I just wanted to let everyone know incase you allready have this mod and are waiting to do your build.

Joe M
Old 09-27-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I ran into this (and expected it as well). The supplied bolts are nice, is there a certain grade that needs to be run (grade 8?)? I put mine in a lathe A lot of work but nobodiees open at 11 pm and I have no patience.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:35 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greg Fell
I ran into this (and expected it as well). The supplied bolts are nice, is there a certain grade that needs to be run (grade 8?)? I put mine in a lathe A lot of work but nobodiees open at 11 pm and I have no patience.
Sorry. Yes, We used grade 8 bolts.

Quick Reply: LS7Harland Sharp rocker mod info.