Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cam questions for C6 A6

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam questions for C6 A6

I have a A6 paddle shift tranny and the only mods are Vortex CAI and B&B Bullets along with a 125 shot wet LS2 Plate nitrous kit installed and with TR6 plugs and 160 Degree thermostat. I do NOT plan on adding long tube headers simply because it would probably be way too loud with the Bullets. I do not plan on tracking the car (maybe a couple of times just for sh**s and giggles) so I'm just looking for more HP for the street. I'm also looking for minimal shake at idle and good driveability. My questions are:

1. What cam would you recommend bearing in mind the above mods w/ no headers and A6 transmission and what RWHP and torque would I be looking to gain after a tune.

2. If I was to do both at the same time, what heads and cam would you recommend and what RWHP and torque should I expect?

3. What is the average installed price of just the cam with necessary hardware and what is the average installed price of both heads and cam?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out thunder racings cheaTR cam, its designed to work especially well with the stock manifolds.