Default New L92 SheetMetal GP....

Click link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...87#post6200787

Taylor
Mizfit
Old 01-08-2007, 07:22 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any more info on these manifolds like comparisons to an EFI composite L76 intake, dyno sheets, specs, pics, etc.?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are hoping to have some soon from the intakes we have built for a few of our customers. We will be finishing up an intake for a 414 setup for one customer and an intake for a 436 build we did. Both I feel will throw down some serious power. The 414 is going into a TA and the 436 was built for a Truck, so it will be some diverse results.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:35 PM
9 Second Club NA

So no info whatsoever? I may consider one of these, but myself and probably others will want some type of claims/info on them before we buy.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

The sheet metal is going to flow better then the L76. The L76 is a nice piece and even can stand to be better when ported but a sheet metal will really take advantage of how well these heads will flow as cast and when ported. Intakes are usually one of the bigger restrictors when it comes to flow and the sheet metal will benefit those looking for that extra edge. As results come in will be more then happy to post them up.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:43 PM
9 Second Club NA

I thought I read somewhere about your L92 sheet metal intakes before. So the only ones that you've actually made are on customers cars, but no info on them yet?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

The only intake we have built have been for customers only. So no we have not built any for our shop cars. Sorry we have been to busy working on our Pro-Touring 69 Camaro.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
9 Second Club NA

When do you plan on closing the GP? Hopefully before then, you'll get results from those customers.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

When is the end and when are you going to get results? I wont plunk down almost 2K for an intake that is going to give me 10 more rwhp over an L76 or carb intake.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Launching!

It would be nice to see some dyno results comparing the sheetmetal to the L76 intake... Both on F/I and NA cars. Obviously the sheetmetal will have reduced low end torque if the runners are short.

Looking at the L76 intake design, it is going to be hard to beat for a daily driver.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:16 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's still one hell of a deal for what you get, sheetmetal intake, fuel rails, and the other random little odds and ends.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

Guys to be honest it is going to be hard to compare these 2. One is a perfect setup for daily driving. The L76 is cheap and flows very well. But like all sheetmetals they are for either squeezing every last once of power out or for cars built for drag racing/roadracing. These sheetmetals have long runners to help with low end tq. Also remember that you all will have over 400+ CID so most likely you will be starting with a decent amount of low end grunt anyways. We as of now don't have time or the money to test these 2 intakes side by side. We would like to and it would be great info but that is where our customers help us and the rest of the public out. I am sure you will see the same gains/differences from this sheetmetal as you would anyother sheetmetal vs manifold setup. Best way to judge is to compare how LS1/LS6 Sheetmetals manifolds compare to a fast Setup. Then you can be the judge if is worth the money. Price difference is approx. 1K which is not to bad in my opinion. Plus those who want/need a sheetmetal know who you are already and really should not need to be convinced. If you are on edge then you should just stick to the L76. Otherwise throw down on the GP while it is around because even at this price it is still a good deal considering the quality of work plus the fact they come with rails.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Forgive me, Im not form this side of the site, as you can imagine there arent too many sheetmetals over on the truck side(acutally none). What is the typical difference between a FAST and sheetmetal? Powerband shift? From what I have read on the subject(very little) that a sheetmetal works best in an N/A setup correct? I am boosted so is it worth the money to upgrade to the sheetmetal since I have boost filling the runners anyway. I have top-of-the-line everything else and am wondering if buying one of these woulf be good use of my money.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Forgive me, Im not form this side of the site, as you can imagine there arent too many sheetmetals over on the truck side(acutally none). What is the typical difference between a FAST and sheetmetal? Powerband shift? From what I have read on the subject(very little) that a sheetmetal works best in an N/A setup correct? I am boosted so is it worth the money to upgrade to the sheetmetal since I have boost filling the runners anyway. I have top-of-the-line everything else and am wondering if buying one of these woulf be good use of my money.
IMO I don't think you would benefit that much from going to the sheetmetal. If you are pushing big boost(12 psi or higher) I would suggest going with the carb style. SEVERAL people are running it with great results on FI applications. I could be wrong, and if I am someone please correct me.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

Really the same concept for N/A applies for the FI guys. The benefit the FI guys have is boost on demand. If they do go with a manifold that flows less they always have the option of running an extra pound of boost. But like I stated earlier running a sheet metal allows for better flow. Here is what I do when judging a new product. How do I determine if it is worth the money? Does it fit my goals for the setup I am building?

A. Price Point: Is the product reasonably priced considering the time, quality and craftsmanship that goes into? In my opinion $1800 for a completely custom intake, machined with fuel rails and hardware is worth it when considering points B and C as well.

B. Power: Will this product produce a good power gain for the money?
- Yes Sheet Metal Manifolds have in the past shown a significant gain over other types of manifold setups. Power varies per application. Why is there not a set number for how much I will gain from a Sheet Metal? - Because most guys who run a Sheet Metal have a wide variety of setups that are usually completely custom and each has different goals for power, power band etc.

c. Aesthetic - You have to remember that part of what you are paying for is an aesthetic appeal that a Sheet Metal has. Most would agree that a Sheet Metal looks killer in the engine bay. Why do people buy Sheet Metal valve covers? For the same reason, cleaner look, better aesthetic appeal.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Thank you for the correction Taylor. After looking at his situation again, I think he could really get all the benefits of the sheetmetal with very few of the drawbacks due to his high clearance. I wish I could afford one but my budget is already shot
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Which style injectors will be used with this? I have an L76 on order, it occured to me that I could steal the injectors and throttle body off of that piece and use on yours, and still be ahead from a dollar standpoint? If so, I'm very interested as well. Can you post a pic of the one you had in this thread, or link me to the pics you had posted before? I can't find them.

Mark
Old 01-09-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

We will build to your specs as far as the injectors go and TB. I will post some pics of the old one we built.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Sorry if this has been anwsered before...Will it fit under a stock C-5 hood??
I would be very interested.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

It has not be test fit for a corvette but I am sure we could get one to fit if you wanted one.

Quick Reply: New L92 SheetMetal GP....