Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Boost Friendly Motor Build Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007 | 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Friendly Motor Build Help!!

Need help choosing the perfect combo for my STS kit. I'm Keeping the stock crank and Block.

The setup is going to be a STS running 10-15psi. Could option to run 15-17 psi later on for extra umphh once the drivetrain is reinforced. The heads will be stock, but I have a set of 6.0L 317 Aluminum Heads lying around with only 3k miles on them (don't know whether if I should throw them into the equation and go for lower cc pistons since the combustion chamber is much larger than stock)[would it be wise to?] and I plan on purchasing an MTI Stealth II CAM along with upgraded valve springs.

My first concern is, which set of pistons should I purchase if I were to use the 317 heads, and what should I get if I'm keeping the stock heads. I've been told to look for a set of Forged pistons with a 22cc to 26cc relief to lower my C/R to at least 8.9/1 to 8.5/1 with a 4.005 Bore if I were to keep the stock heads. Along with Lunati 6.000 Forged Connecting Rods.

Honestly While searching the net, I have no idea what I'm looking at pretty much. Also in accordance to the ARP rod bolts, Clevite mains, and Hell fire rings, are any specific specs I should purchase in order to compliment this application or are they universal?
Old 03-02-2007 | 02:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my motor is similar to yours, and as far as boost goes you can even use the stock cam. you MUST MUST MUST! use a bigger valvespring and a nice set of valves. i recommend patriot extreme valve springs, SDPC cadillac racing lifters and harland sharp rocker arms to alleviate side-loading of the valve. other than that, i consider this build the easiest on parts there is enjoy!

i use lunati pro-mod rods, but any h-beam will work. spend money on valvetrain, oiling system, and pistons/rings (as far as internals are concerned)

Quick Reply: Boost Friendly Motor Build Help!!