Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 heads ??? Assemble

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L92 heads ??? Assemble

I will be taking my L92 bare heads to a machine shop to do a valve job & hone fit the Manley valves to the guides. Which valve cut 3 angle or 5 angle is best and why? I read where the valves need to be hone fit for the correct tolerances? The other question is Manley recomends the spring cups which I have along with GM valve seals (different for exhaust & intake). The heads I have seen assembled are only using the seals base under the springs. I forgot to mention I am using the Manley beehive springs rated to at least .600 to .620 lift. Has anyone else used the Manley spring cups on their L92's?
Thanks
Old 06-12-2007, 10:35 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by SS Blazer 07
I will be taking my L92 bare heads to a machine shop to do a valve job & hone fit the Manley valves to the guides. Which valve cut 3 angle or 5 angle is best and why? I read where the valves need to be hone fit for the correct tolerances? The other question is Manley recomends the spring cups which I have along with GM valve seals (different for exhaust & intake). The heads I have seen assembled are only using the seals base under the springs. I forgot to mention I am using the Manley beehive springs rated to at least .600 to .620 lift. Has anyone else used the Manley spring cups on their L92's?
Thanks
Depends more on the angles in the valve job than the number of cuts. Does the machine shop you're going to do alot of LS1 stuff or SBF maybe?

The guides need to be honed to the correct clearances or else the valves could stick in the head and really make for a bad day.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son is friends with the owner of ReherMorrison in Arlington Texas. I will probable have them do it. They mostly big block guy's but next time in the DFW area I will see if it something he would mess with. If not I know a few more places in the DFW area. I don't trust anyone in this part of Oklahoma southwestern part for sure. OKC has some good shops but I never go there just the DFW area to visit my son. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:30 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son is friends with the owner of ReherMorrison in Arlington Texas. I will probable have them do it. They mostly big block guy's but next time in the DFW area I will see if it something he would mess with. If not I know a few more places in the DFW area. I don't trust anyone in this part of Oklahoma southwestern part for sure. OKC has some good shops but I never go there just the DFW area to visit my son. Thanks for the info.
what shops in oklahoma were you thinking about taking them
Old 06-12-2007, 07:54 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Your son is friends with David Reher!? Wow, nice hookup! I know Darin Morgan is familiar with the LS1 engines, but I don't know how much development he has with them as far as a valve job goes. I'm sure whatever he decides to do, you'll be happy. "They're mostly big block guys", thats funny.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAhahahaha, as if the baddest cylinder head shop around needs an introduction. I know Darin posts quite a bit on speedtalk so you may be able to pm him on there.

Marty

Quick Reply: L92 heads ??? Assemble