Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

?? on LS2 timing chain gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?? on LS2 timing chain gear

I have got a 07 C6 with very few miles on it. I started pulling it apart to throw a cam in it. I got to the point were I pulled the front cover off and noticed that the upper timing gear was held to the cam by one large bolt instead of the 3 smaller olts I am used to. Also there is a timing chain tensioner is more in depth than the ones I have seen previously on LS2s. My first question is has anybody else come upon this?? Also I have a Comp cam that uses the 3 bolts instead of the one large one, am I able to just swap the upper timing gear to a 3 bolt LS2 gear?? Any help would be appreciated. Also I will get pics tomorrow, but I will need someone to host them for me because I am computer retarded.

Thanks,
Kyle
Old 07-03-2007, 08:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crazykid
I have got a 07 C6 with very few miles on it. I started pulling it apart to throw a cam in it. I got to the point were I pulled the front cover off and noticed that the upper timing gear was held to the cam by one large bolt instead of the 3 smaller olts I am used to. Also there is a timing chain tensioner is more in depth than the ones I have seen previously on LS2s. My first question is has anybody else come upon this?? Also I have a Comp cam that uses the 3 bolts instead of the one large one, am I able to just swap the upper timing gear to a 3 bolt LS2 gear?? Any help would be appreciated. Also I will get pics tomorrow, but I will need someone to host them for me because I am computer retarded.

Thanks,
Kyle

Yes, change it to a 4x timing sprocket off a 06 LS2 or LS7. I might have a few take offs if you want to give me a call Thursday.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason, you are the best. If I cannot find it locally I will give you a call

Thanks,
Kyle@RevXtreme

Quick Reply: ?? on LS2 timing chain gear