Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LQ9 Iron block build-up...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ9 Iron block build-up...

So... I'm starting to gather some parts to do an iron LQ9 build-up and I have a bare block. Is the oem LQ9 front cover the one to use or the F-body, or...?? Also where can I get the rear cover from? Just used or...??

This will be going into a hybrid vehicle, I don't own a LSx powered car/truck, that's why I'm having to start from scratch.

TIA,

K.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:36 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by NCTURBOS
So... I'm starting to gather some parts to do an iron LQ9 build-up and I have a bare block. Is the oem LQ9 front cover the one to use or the F-body, or...?? Also where can I get the rear cover from? Just used or...??

This will be going into a hybrid vehicle, I don't own a LSx powered car/truck, that's why I'm having to start from scratch.

TIA,

K.
The LQ9, LS1 Vettes, and F-Body cars used the same front cover. We have the rear covers new or used in stock.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bg-sdpc
The LQ9, LS1 Vettes, and F-Body cars used the same front cover. We have the rear covers new or used in stock.
Brian,

Do you mind giving me the GM part# for the rear cover? Also, when looking at the parts computer @ work it lists different part#'s for the front covers per LQ9 vs. LS1, but are you saying that side-by-side they're the same??

TIA,

K.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:15 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by NCTURBOS
Brian,

Do you mind giving me the GM part# for the rear cover? Also, when looking at the parts computer @ work it lists different part#'s for the front covers per LQ9 vs. LS1, but are you saying that side-by-side they're the same??

TIA,

K.
In the GM electronic catalog we have a function that allows you to put in a part # and it will tell you all the applications the part number is used for. It shows all LS1 / LS6 cars and also truck applications up to 2007. I even looked up a 2005 LQ9 and it shows the same cover as a 1998-2002 F body.

The rear housing part # is 12615666.

Brian

Quick Reply: LQ9 Iron block build-up...