Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ptv question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ptv question

my set-up will be ls2 6.0 with texas speed ms4 cam.
will i have ptv issues, i dont want to remove heads to check clearance, so i just want to ask?
and can i just put smaller pushrods on like 7.35 to be safer or will i be fine with 7.400?

thanks for the help
zach
Old 02-15-2008, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greinder03
my set-up will be ls2 6.0 with texas speed ms4 cam.
will i have ptv issues, i dont want to remove heads to check clearance, so i just want to ask?
and can i just put smaller pushrods on like 7.35 to be safer or will i be fine with 7.400?

thanks for the help
zach
Zach, shorter pushrods will not be the answer. I dont know how big the ms4 is and if you have a stock ls2 with 243 heads or what but the shorter pushrods are going to cause little to no preload on the lifters and it will be Very noisy. Maybe someone else can chime in on that cam though.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You will not have any problems with piston to valve clearance with the MS4 on stock heads. For those wanting the benefits of a CNC'd head with this camshaft, we recommend our Stage 1 heads which use stock valve sizes. This way you get the added power of the CNC porting and competition valve job, without the headache of fly-cutting pistons!

Let me know if you have any other questions about this or any of our other combos, and I'll be glad to help!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Quick Reply: ptv question