Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Mega Death Cam or MS4

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Warning: Bad Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mega Death Cam or MS4

I have heard alot about these cam shafts and need help desiding on which one to get. I have also heard that these are the biggest cams you can put in a ls1 based car without flycutting the pistons. So i need some help desiding on which one to get that will make the most power for my set up. I have heard the MS4 is a good range cam just doesnt pull hard at the top end, but then i have heard that the mega death cam is not that good on the bottom end but top end pulls hard just need some information form people that already have these cams. I have a LS1 with fast 90/90 slp under drive pulley, slp cold air, double roller timing chain, ls6 heads with patriot dual valve springs, and all the other bolt ons that a ls1 has. So any information would help alot. Thanks
Old 04-05-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you stock displacement? Im assuming you arent due to you user name.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Warning: Bad Trader

no i have a 408 but im also building a 5.7 jsut to drop in until it gets done i cant afford the fuel system for my car so i have my ls1 that im goin to just soup up but its just a ls1 with ls6 heads with patriot valve springs and all bolt ons that you can think of just trying to figure out what cam to go with i have heard good things about both just trying to get everyone opinion on which one will make the most power
Old 04-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Launching!

the hardware is nice, but no where near what you need to support a nasty MS4 or any other big lumpy cam and still have some manners to it. dont get me wrong, you can do it, but if you stab either one of those into that car youll be trading off a lot of low end for your top end fun, so I guess if you are making 90 percent of your time in that car at the dragstrip, pick one and stab in it.

if you are driving around on the street, a milder cam, like a TR224, would make for a quicker car. maybe go as high as 232? I dont know. really gotta know everything down to rear end gearing, transmission, weight, and intended use of the car. But if you plan to run this thing on the street and have your stocker rear end gearing on a mostly stock car with some heft to it, those bigger cams will be fun when ya rap em out but they cause all kinds of issues at lower RPMS that you may/may not want to deal with.

Quick Reply: Mega Death Cam or MS4