Ls2 from ls1

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008 | 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

Default Ls2 from ls1

I need to know where oil sensor goes ?

What to do about pvc system?

What size shimms for windage tray?

I just got a ls2 402 for tsp ... its all there just wanted to know what you all did for pcv system and or what i should do ? Where is the oil pressure hole and shims what size washer ?

Also should i advance the cam +2 degrees? Its a ms4 i am putting in it?

If ya got pics post them i am starting on the built toinight !
Old 07-21-2008 | 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LS2 valley cover has the oil sensor socket at the rear......PCV outlet at the front.

Baffling under the LS2 valley plate takes place of the external PCV on LS1.

Air in...run a 3/8" ID hose from your throttle body exit port (or air intake tube) to the front passenger side valve cover.
Gunk out.....there's a U shaped rubber hose which goes from the front valley cover nipple up to the passenger side of the intake manifold....directly above.
All rear nipples on valve covers are blanked off.
Old 07-22-2008 | 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

How far did you get into it, James?

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 07-25-2008 | 12:55 AM
TECH Resident

Default Matt Tsp...... Timing chain and pickup tube help?

I started tonight .. Work is kicking my ***.... but i put the timing chain on witch i am gonna lose sleep over because the old timing chain sproket on the crank is one piece and the new chain is two piece. I put the sproket on and the the oil pump drive but what keeps that thing from walking off the woodruff key there is about 1/4 to 1/8th inch behind it. I dont want to tap it on to far because there isnt enough woodruff key and it will just spin on the crank . so i installed cam and top sproket and just lined the two up as close as i could . There is also a spacer of some sort on the top sproket? Oil pump was a no brainer and then u got the pan and pickup tube ? i had use three washers to get everything to clear and i bent the tube alittle down i hope i did it right . I put the pan on and it didnt hit with no gasket on it and the gasket looks to be atleast .150 or .200 to i have it all good. Also witch hole for the knock sensor? I will take any pictures . I just cant afford to **** this up . Also you ever heard of anyone not pulling the six speed and putting the motor back in . I just undid the bell housing bolts and pulled motor out ! I dk maybe bit off more than i can chew
Old 07-25-2008 | 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 07-25-2008 | 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Default ok so any info

on timing chain and pickup tube

Quick Reply: Ls2 from ls1