Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

NEW SETUP, what do you think ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NEW SETUP, what do you think ?

Well I had a little misfortune with the setup I had so I had to take it out. I found some metal in the oil pan and it was smoking at startup so I decided that it was time to remove it and build something better. When my boys at the best shop in the world " Tubbs Automotive " got it out they discovered that the windage tray was being hit by the rod bolts and that the number 7 exhaust valve spring, the inner spring and seat was gone and in the oil pan. Well, thats all for that one. Here is my new setup.

Same block, LS2
Eagle 4.000 crank
Scat H beam rods.
Diamond -2cc pistons
TSP Texas Giant camshaft

Now for the changes,

PRC stage 3, 6 litre heads.
Taking the heads down to 64cc from 72cc.
All new guides and valve springs. 2.08, 1.65 is the valve size

The stock LS6 intake and injectors are being replaced with
Profesional Products 96mm typhoon intake
90mm throtle body and 42lb injectors.

The stock K member is being replace by a tubular BMR
Lowering the rear 1 inch and putting on adjustable shocks.
8 point roll cage is being installed as well.

I will be putting on a diffirent nitrous setup as well. 2 stages

The A.C, power steering , and ABS pump are all being removed.

Special thanks to Marty, and Larry Tubbs at Tubbs Automotive....
Also a shout out to Jon Reynolds at Texas Speed for answering all of my questions and taking the time to help. Thanks alot....

Let me know what you think......

Last edited by walker94z28; 08-24-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:14 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by walker94z28
Well I had a little misfortune with the setup I had so I had to take it out. I found some metal in the oil pan and it was smoking at startup so I decided that it was time to remove it and build something better. When my boys at the best shop in the world " Tubbs Automotive " got it out they discovered that the windage tray was being hit by the rod bolts and that the number 7 exhaust valve spring, the inner spring and seat was gone and in the oil pan. Well, thats all for that one. Here is my new setup.

Same block, LS2
Eagle 4.000 crank
Scat H beam rods.
Diamond -2cc pistons
TSP Texas Giant camshaft

Now for the changes,

PRC stage 3, 6 litre heads.
Taking the heads down to 64cc from 72cc.
All new guides and valve springs. 2.08, 1.65 is the valve size

The stock LS6 intake and injectors are being replaced with
Profesional Products 96mm typhoon intake
90mm throtle body and 42lb injectors.

The stock K member is being replace by a tubular BMR
Lowering the rear 1 inch and putting on adjustable shocks.
8 point roll cage is being installed as well.

I will be putting on a diffirent nitrous setup as well. 2 stages

The A.C, power steering , and ABS pump are all being removed.

Special thanks to Marty, and Larry Tubbs at Tubbs Automotive....
Also a shout out to Jon Reynolds at Texas Speed for answering all of my questions and taking the time to help. Thanks alot....

Let me know what you think......
I'm about 90% sure that the block needs to clearanced as well as the windage tray needs washers to clear the rods.

What caused the problem with the #7 exhaust?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, it was my fault on the tray deal. Its unfortunate, but a mistake. As far as the inner spring, I have no idea.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Launching!

Man that sucks. You better get it back together pretty soon, there is going to be a lil white S-10 lookin for you a Jackson before long. If you dont remember me im the guy that had the silver fox body that left on one tire beside you a long time ago...Good luck with your new combo...
Old 08-28-2008, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Enjoy the new setup, sounds killer!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSXS10
Man that sucks. You better get it back together pretty soon, there is going to be a lil white S-10 lookin for you a Jackson before long. If you dont remember me im the guy that had the silver fox body that left on one tire beside you a long time ago...Good luck with your new combo...

Mr Turner, well if my memory serves me corect sir that race was a bit onesided as far as the setups. Street tires versus slicks and a built 302 versus a bolt on stalled LS1. But if my memory serves me corectly I put about 2 on that thing from the punch race but you never seem to talk about that race cause we both hooked and well, I wouldnt want to talk about that either. I seen your rocket ship jump up a few tenths this weekend, 5.72 and a nice wheelstand. Looked good. Im shooting for 5.90's with the new setup on one kit. Gotta run a smaller radial than you guys are runing and less N20.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by walker94z28
Mr Turner, well if my memory serves me corect sir that race was a bit onesided as far as the setups. Street tires versus slicks and a built 302 versus a bolt on stalled LS1. But if my memory serves me corectly I put about 2 on that thing from the punch race but you never seem to talk about that race cause we both hooked and well, I wouldnt want to talk about that either. I seen your rocket ship jump up a few tenths this weekend, 5.72 and a nice wheelstand. Looked good. Im shooting for 5.90's with the new setup on one kit. Gotta run a smaller radial than you guys are runing and less N20.
NOPE, sorry this is not Turner. Im the guy that had the other silver LX, you acually did beat him. And that was a 347 in Turners I had the lil weak 302 And the nite we ran im pretty sure we were both on slicks. I think you had everything in the int. gutted but the drivers seat. But my memory is foggy at best. The car im talking about was the one with a black hood that sat between Marty and Turner sat. nite.... Its a hell of alot faster now though. I really thought you would know who this was by the truck in my sig. I came to Lexington to street race several years ago. Truck still pretty much looks the same. Heath.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSXS10
NOPE, sorry this is not Turner. Im the guy that had the other silver LX, you acually did beat him. And that was a 347 in Turners I had the lil weak 302 And the nite we ran im pretty sure we were both on slicks. I think you had everything in the int. gutted but the drivers seat. But my memory is foggy at best. The car im talking about was the one with a black hood that sat between Marty and Turner sat. nite.... Its a hell of alot faster now though. I really thought you would know who this was by the truck in my sig. I came to Lexington to street race several years ago. Truck still pretty much looks the same. Heath.
Garry Johnson's car ? If so, I got 2 pieces of that car on my camaro right now, LOL. He sold me some front runners. That damn nova was rolling the other night, 127mph.... GEEZ
Old 09-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Hell yeah, Cheap Street is getting out of hand...

Quick Reply: NEW SETUP, what do you think ?