Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 swap help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 swap help

I installed a Gen V LT1 / Tremec TR6060 out of a 2018 Camaro SS with 11000 miles on it, into a 69 Camaro RS, I am using the fuel pump, fuel pump PWM control module from the same car that the engine and trans came from with a new GM fuel pressure sensor and Rick's Tanks resto mod tank, I had to modify the rods and springs on the fuel pump to get it to fit into the shallower 69 Camaro tank, I used Russell braded fuel hose (-6AN) a Jegs inline fuel filter. I am using a Speartech harness and the original ECU (Speartech reflash). I had put about 100 miles on the car with no problems, Then the check engine light came on and the car started missing a little at first then badly. I have a P2635 code (Fuel pump "A" Low Flow / performance)
When I installed the fuel pump there was a hose connection on the pump that is inside of the tank. I didn't hook it up to anything. I'm not sure if it should be connected or not.
Does anyone know about this connection or anything else that I have have missed ?

Thanks in advance

Old 02-23-2022, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 467 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by 72srcool
I installed a Gen V LT1 / Tremec TR6060 out of a 2018 Camaro SS with 11000 miles on it, into a 69 Camaro RS, I am using the fuel pump, fuel pump PWM control module from the same car that the engine and trans came from with a new GM fuel pressure sensor and Rick's Tanks resto mod tank, I had to modify the rods and springs on the fuel pump to get it to fit into the shallower 69 Camaro tank, I used Russell braded fuel hose (-6AN) a Jegs inline fuel filter. I am using a Speartech harness and the original ECU (Speartech reflash). I had put about 100 miles on the car with no problems, Then the check engine light came on and the car started missing a little at first then badly. I have a P2635 code (Fuel pump "A" Low Flow / performance)
When I installed the fuel pump there was a hose connection on the pump that is inside of the tank. I didn't hook it up to anything. I'm not sure if it should be connected or not.
Does anyone know about this connection or anything else that I have have missed ?

Thanks in advance
I know this is an old thread, but just in case you're still monitoring this, I think that little connection you didn't hook up is what would go to the remote pick ups that extend to the sides of the tank, to help pull fuel into the basket while you're cornering. Without those, that probably is what caused that code.

Diagram from Vaporworx here

Quick Reply: LT1 swap help