Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with stage Rich running issues.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help with stage Rich running issues.

I have an L84 engine on Holley terminator xmax. I’m having issues with it running super rich. Also I have 3 cylinder that seem down.

I ordered new DI fuel injectors to install to make sure it isn’t an issue with injectors as the motor did have ceramics on plugs break off in the few cylinders. I believe due to water in fuel on boat engine and high load situation. I have not instated them yet.

I replaced lifters and cam for DOD delete and put the engine back together and have it in my C10 now.

Decided to pull the intake and I have fuel pooled on every closed intake valve. The couple cylinders that appear to not be firing are much cleaner but when I pulled the head were in open state do I couldn’t tell about pooled fuel on those valves or not.

Any ideas what could be going on? Compression test shows all cylinders at 180-200 so I don’t believe spark plug ceramics hurt valve seats enough to cause the issues I’m having if they did do damage to them.

holley spark test on new V3 software has spark on all 8 plugs also.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Can I edit the thread title? Missed autocorrect that changed L83 to word stage
Old 05-06-2023, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Turned out to be fuel injectors that were bad. Believed to be from water in fuel.

Quick Reply: Help with stage Rich running issues.