Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

GEn V temperature sensor issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GEn V temperature sensor issues

Hello guys, I am having issues getting my Dakota Digital VHX gauges to read the OEM temp sensor on my L83 engine. Here is my setup, 1968 C10 w/ a 2017 L83 Gen V engine. Dakota Digital VHX gauges with a Bin 01-2 and Pac 2750 fan controller modules .My gauges are currently reading every engine function and transmission but not engine temperature.Trying to setup the Pac is only yielding the error message ERR2 which means wrong gauges setup. I have been on the phone with DD several times and cant seem to get it to work. The current setup is sender set to bus ( like the VHX gauges) and also set to AUTO.Question(s), have anyone been able to get a pac to read the temp on a Gen V setup to work on this setup and, where would be a good place to install a temp sensor on the engine. Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 10-22-2018, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have access to a scanner to see if you have a problem with the gauge itself? A tech 2 should pick it up and let you know if its working correctly. You might even be able to get your hands on a cheap OBD2 reader with a smartphone app to view the temp just to troubleshoot.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just set one of these up. under water choose "bus F" and save. then it should pull thru your obd/bim connection
Old 10-16-2019, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by houtxfdcapt
Just set one of these up. under water choose "bus F" and save. then it should pull thru your obd/bim connection
WTF?? "Under water"??

Quick Reply: GEn V temperature sensor issues