Group Purchase Requests Please post your GP requests here for the sponsors to consider them.

Aster Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
The Aster bracket is something we offer, so I can see why whoever you talked to at ProCharger may not know what you were referring to. ProCharger doesn't offer a cog drive for the 98-02 F Body, it wasn't an option that you could of gone with anyway when you bought your system. The belt needs to be as tight as a guitar string, and if you are using the stock ProCharger supplied air filter, that may be part or all of your problem. It is possible at 11 psi for the filter to be too restrictive, and I have seen it cause belt slippage. To see if the filter is part of the problem, try making several runs with it off in a clean area. Watch your boost gauge if you have one, as you may end up making several more psi of boost, which could lean it out. I sell a larger air filter that will fit in place of the stock filter. Here is a link to it. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-AF056...AF056I-009.htm

Here is the link to the Aster bracket. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Aster-Aut...er-Bracket.htm

Thanks. Bob
Very interesting point about the air filter; at what RWHP do you think the ProCharger filter starts to become restrictive? Right now I'm at 666 RWHP (on a Dyno Jet) with a speed density tune - too much air is apparently flowing to use the MAF to tune.

Last edited by South; 04-30-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by South
Very interesting point about the air filter; at what RWHP do you think the ProCharger filter starts to become restrictive? Right now I'm at 666 RWHP (on a Dyno Jet) with an air density tune - too much air is apparently flowing to use the MAF to tune.
I'd say you have to be at the point where that filter can be too small. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

I'd say you have to be at the point where that filter can be too small. Bob
Thanks for the great tips and links. Can you also tell me, why does a restrictive air filter make the belt slip?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

oh and the other great thing about prochargers for ours car , the overheating , procharger was useless with me when i said you sell a shitty product , it overheats in the summer, you use one fan and it cant keep up . So i added a second and it helps for sure . But just another case of how bad the setup is for the 98-02 fbody . I wish they would redesign it or make the aster or sdce type setup standard.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks for the great tips and links. Can you also tell me, why does a restrictive air filter make the belt slip?
You're welcome. A restrictive filter puts a load on the blower as it can't get enough air, which causes the belt to slip as the engine rpm increases. Bob

Old 04-30-2013, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

You're welcome. A restrictive filter puts a load on the blower as it can't get enough air, which causes the belt to slip as the engine rpm increases. Bob
If I buy this filter and pick up a couple pounds of boost won't I have to worry about belt slippage anyway? 11 lbs + 2 = 13.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

If I buy this filter and pick up a couple pounds of boost won't I have to worry about belt slippage anyway? 11 lbs + 2 = 13.
Bob,

Do I need to order an Aster bracket and filter then?

Thanks!

Jason
Old 03-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm inn for the aster bracket GP price! Pm me please so I can send payment and shipping info... Bob can you pm me please so I can get this ordered...
Old 03-31-2014, 06:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by GJS440
I'm inn for the aster bracket GP price! Pm me please so I can send payment and shipping info... Bob can you pm me please so I can get this ordered...
You happened to get into a thread that is a year old. We aren't currently having a GP. Thanks. Bob

Quick Reply: Aster Bracket