Group Purchase Requests Please post your GP requests here for the sponsors to consider them.

Clear Lid

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006 | 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Default Clear Lid

If they arent a sponsor can someone PM me where I can buy one from?
Old 03-02-2006 | 02:26 PM
Teching In

Im pretty sure your looking for MTI ------->>>>>>>>>>there a sponsor on the right
Old 03-02-2006 | 02:30 PM
That's what she said...

I would look a helluva lot harder at the TSP clear lid (if they still sell it) than the MTI lid. I have the MTI lid myself and have had nothing but problems with it. I'm on my second one now, at least they sent me a replacement for free.

I had to cut some space in my lower airbox for the MAF to ride in so it wouldn't keep it in a bind.

They may have changed the design since summer before last, but it's just food for thought

If i had to do it OVER AGAIN, i would go with a black one. Cheaper with less problems. My clear lid gets a lot of looks from the non-ls1 crowd, but i'd rather have one that fits better.
Old 03-02-2006 | 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Ive got the MTI clear one fits OK ,had it for 6 yrs now...Hell it was even a BLEM got for 9o bucks.... But it does seem the black plastic ones seal better IMO. but dry rott/crack...

NOTE: for all those clear lid ppl try Zaino Bro's PLASTIC-Magic,I just used it too remove some bad scratches on my lid I was about to throw it away but NOW it looks GOOD.....

Last edited by bitchncamaro; 03-02-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2006 | 04:04 PM
Launching!

Does anyone make a 85mm clear lid?
Old 03-05-2006 | 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitchncamaro
Ive got the MTI clear one fits OK ,had it for 6 yrs now...Hell it was even a BLEM got for 9o bucks.... But it does seem the black plastic ones seal better IMO. but dry rott/crack...

NOTE: for all those clear lid ppl try Zaino Bro's PLASTIC-Magic,I just used it too remove some bad scratches on my lid I was about to throw it away but NOW it looks GOOD.....
I got a blemished lid as well,for $75 though about 5 years ago as well.I've never had a problem and when I got it I couldnt even find a blemish.Although I do know a few people who have had problems.They were using Fernco's though and the lid would pop out.

Last edited by WhiteRhino; 03-05-2006 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling