Holden Performance Australian LS1 Powered Vehicles

holden in US?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 04:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Firehawk0220

However, for the person that was commenting on the stock F-Body outrunning a stock GTO, you'll find that is not the case when you go up against an LS2 based GTO. The F-Body and the Monaro/GTO are very much comparable to each other. I think the LS2 powered GTO's can be taken into the 12's easier than the F-Bodies typically can be.
i dont know man, the ls1 and ls2 GTOs i have seen at the track and also the few i have driven dont seem to pose much threat. i could be wrong for associating the handful of GTOs i've experienced sluggishness to all GTOs, but i'm just giving you what the GTO has given me thus far. maybe with the guy from GMHTP driving, the GTO is a serious contender.

i'm not saying GTOs are slow, i'm just saying all the stock GTOs i have seen or touched wouldnt scare me at a redlight. modded is completely different story however...
Old 12-29-2005, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

I am not sure what the GTO's are like but most of the stock Holdens are quite de-tuned from the factory , the one i have was the worst for that (the one tonner ute) . 10-12 deg timing at wot , overly sensitive and exessive burst knock settings and ritch mixtures at wot seem to be the norm .

Is that you're car VooDoo ? .

Arron
(A^K^T)
Old 01-12-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Well I think that the stock GTO has a better torque curve and it just seems to have better power at take off than the F-Body did.

I mean I've owned both, and I just think the GTO has more pull to it. The torque and horse power curves just seems better. Really each car has advantages and disadvantages when compared to each other. But even for it's downsides, I am much more satisfied with my GTO than I was the F-Body. Which is amazing considering I have been a die hard F-Body fan all my life.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:00 AM
On The Tree

we have those lumina SS(ls1 power) since 2000 we had some problem with the early models but it's better now the problem is they are still using ls1 even in 2006 models
Old 01-30-2006, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

From what i understand Holden have just recently switched to the 6.0L L76 engine in the cars sold in Australia, not too sure if this will flow onto the export cars.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Staging Lane

and another 11sec ute for u
Attached Thumbnails holden in US?-2fbbscd.jpg  
Old 02-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Holden LS1 Tonner
I am not sure what the GTO's are like but most of the stock Holdens are quite de-tuned from the factory , the one i have was the worst for that (the one tonner ute) . 10-12 deg timing at wot , overly sensitive and exessive burst knock settings and ritch mixtures at wot seem to be the norm .

Is that you're car VooDoo ? .

Arron
(A^K^T)
yep thats the voods machine
Old 02-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VooDooo
here are a few you dont have but should.

This does 11's with a GenT Turbo (2012kg)

11's cam only for the ute.
Their nice
Old 02-28-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

What I don't understand is...why GM doesn't bring some of these cars into the US. I mean the ElCamino looking retro-rod thing would probably sell and the 4-door v-8 rwd car would appeal to anyone longing for a sports car but has kids/family IMO. I don't have kids but my father bought a 500 series bmw with a v8 4dr car. He went and drove several american 4 dr cars but didn't really like the power of any. So he went and paid $50k+ probably. I really don't know how much it was but I bet it was more than a GTO costs. Just my opinion but GM needs to start thinking with their heads and not their asses. They do most of their designing in Michigan, and nothing against MI but it's not where all of the new trends are coming from. I would say to move the design studios to LA or Miami. They set the trends in America for cars anyway. Cadillac done it and now look at the CTS-V and other neww models. Not my "choice" but IMO it does look better than the older ones. The new F-body coming out will appeal to the older crowd who grew up with the 68-69 camaros/firebirds and the newer gen that wishes to have one but thats about it. I think they sell because that covers a bunch of people.

Just my 0.02

As far as F-Bods vs. GTO

F-Bods are IMO a little faster and look a little better as far exterior appearance but I also believe the GTO has a much nicer finsh than the F-Bods.

The Interior is 2x nicer on the GTO. A well known problem area for the F-Bod. We'll see how they do over time I guess. All current F-Bods are at least 4 yrs old now and IMO they have shown some problem areas that could have been fixed for a little of nothing.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VooDooo
here are a few you dont have but should.

This does 11's with a GenT Turbo (2012kg)

11's cam only for the ute.

They are some sweet cars
Old 03-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Wouldnt mind getting a real holden Monaro CV8, got to drive one when i was in Victoria Last year, there much nicer than gtos, and have alot mor options
Old 03-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Firehawk0220
This thread has some of the worst typed english I've ever read in a forum. I can't understand a damn thing that has been said here. English typed this badly with the use of "u" in place of "you" is just LAZY. You don't need perfect grammer or spelling skills, but you can't effectively communicate with such broken english. Your insults to each other don't even come out right.

The GTO and the Monaro are practically the same thing. Except, for some appearance stuff. Plus none of our GTO's are 4 door sedans. Which in my book is a good thing. All of the GTO's have leather interior and are well equipped. They are also equipped the same. The only real choice or option is in the transmission. So the Holden vehicle is more versitile for sure. It would by nature appeal to more people and target markets. The GTO is a sports coupe. Nothing else. Almost a pure performance vehicle with some refinement. The F-Body on the otherhand is a kickass all business yet dated design. The F-Bodies lack of versitility and technological sophistication made it's sales decline over the years. Finally, GM had no more place for it in thier lineup.

The LS1 F-Bodies can no doubt beat a stock Monaro or GTO with an LS1 engine inside. Even though the ones that went into the GTO's are rated at 45HP more. There is about a 400lbs weight difference in favor of the F-Body.

However, for the person that was commenting on the stock F-Body outrunning a stock GTO, you'll find that is not the case when you go up against an LS2 based GTO. The F-Body and the Monaro/GTO are very much comparable to each other. I think the LS2 powered GTO's can be taken into the 12's easier than the F-Bodies typically can be.

As far as looks go, I'd have to say that the exterior of the F-Body is alot cooler looking than the GTO or Monaro. When it comes to the build quality of the car, or the interior and interior features, the Holden's and GTO's have the F-Body beat. Lets not also forget that in high torque and horsepower situations the Monaro/GTO has a much stronger chassis. It won't need SFC's nearly as quickly as a F-Body will.

Finally, the Holden based GTO is MUCH better built than any American car I've ever been in or owned. The quality of workmanship is something more American branded cars should aspire to. The GTO is in MANY ways superior to the F-Body it replaced. GM doesn't need to bring the F-Body back as it was. This comes from someone who grew up with them, and has personally owned two of them.

Having owned both, that's my take on the subject.
finally a post that I can ******* understand I love the GTO it is sorta bland but It does bear a striking resemblence to the blandness of all the american cars its just the way they are and I like it just fine
Old 04-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Default Holden , GTO , LUMINA SS

its all the same
Attached Thumbnails holden in US?-emag_march05_main.jpg   holden in US?-bg_image3.jpg   holden in US?-p1010104.jpg   holden in US?-134438392boroat_ph.jpg   holden in US?-kits_holdenpic_drift.jpg  

Old 04-11-2006, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

you know what kills me about gm? its the truck suv craze that we have now. as much as people are buying trucks and suvs you think they would bring the ute and call it el camino.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

There is some information on the new VE Commodore (zeta) in the link below , the styling has changed quite a bit and the sedan based models will be first then the utes will follow later . The pictures are only computer generated
http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/ar...f=7&bg=24&pp=6
Old 05-01-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it frustyrates me soo much to see cars like the lumina ss only being sold overseas.Why woudlnt youi want to sell a frickin lumina in the us market?or how bout those clubsports those are bad *** and would serve as a great alternative to this crap from japan like g35 four doors or cammries and wouldnt cost a whole lot more.It makes me feel betrayed chevys an american company yet they sell us americans cars like the conservative impala and ssr while all those crazy aussies get 400 horsepower grocery getters.The world will never make sense. When i gtaduate school im planning on taking over gm lol thatd be nice.

Quick Reply: holden in US?