http://www.holley.com/LSFest/Schedule.asp
Old 08-23-2010, 03:36 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Phew!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Will we have to register/tech every morning for that day's activities, or can we do it all Friday morning? Reason I ask, is that various race events start at 9AM beginning Saturday, and registration/tech only opens an hour prior. That could be very hectic for those needing to attend the 9AM competition events.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out how I can drive the car 24 hours roundtrip and bring my competition tires without owning a hitch or trailer. If I assume I find a way to haul the tires, and register with comp tires, then worst comes to worst and I have to use street tires, will I be allowed to switch my registration to street tires?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The schedule is a little unsual.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Jim, what rim/tires are you bringing? I've fit various stuff in a 4th gen, and it also depending on whether you are bringing a passenger.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
The schedule is a little unsual.
The event is a little unsual. As you can see there are several things going on at the same time. So if things are a little slow on the Drag Strip you could watch some autocross on the circle track.
Also there are some unique events that are not drag race but will use the drag strip. The Speed Stop Challange is a example.

Yes once you tech in on Friday you are good for the weekend Also tech will close at noon onSaturday so be sure to be there before noon.

Another cool deal is that all cars that must qualify for a heads up class will be allowed test passes between the official qualifying sessions. So if your frustrated and can't get your junk figured out get it into the lanes during the test sessions. Runs during those time will not be counted towards qualifying.

Robin
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Jim, what rim/tires are you bringing? I've fit various stuff in a 4th gen, and it also depending on whether you are bringing a passenger.
My tires are (4) 315/35/17 on 11x17 wheels. Can't fit a passenger with them. I've gone as far as Sebring (which is only 2 hours away) with 3 in the (removed) rear seat and one in the front passenger seat. The longer the distance, the more concerned I would be with an emergency situation turning those loose tires into heavy projectiles.

How stock does the interior need to remain? If I could legally remove the front passenger seat, I might be able to lay the front tire down flat on the floorboard, which would also give me better vision out the passenger window.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimMueller
My tires are (4) 315/35/17 on 11x17 wheels. Can't fit a passenger with them. I've gone as far as Sebring (which is only 2 hours away) with 3 in the (removed) rear seat and one in the front passenger seat. The longer the distance, the more concerned I would be with an emergency situation turning those loose tires into heavy projectiles.

How stock does the interior need to remain? If I could legally remove the front passenger seat, I might be able to lay the front tire down flat on the floorboard, which would also give me better vision out the passenger window.
i live in destin come by here we'll putem in the truck iam going that way
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Hmm that might work nice, 315's are pretty big. As far as the interior rules go, I'd just re-read them and see if you could for example unbolt the passenger seat.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

I've gotten off the OP's topic, want to split this off?

I already did re-review the currently posted rules and was looking for clarification. Autox/Speed stop rules regarding vehicle preparation are fairly vague:

5.All prize-eligible vehicles must represent a street capable vehicle with a strong resemblance to a current or former production model. No purpose built race cars or kit cars will qualify for awards in the autocross or speed stop event. The only open-wheeled vehicles allowed are '34-and-older domestic vehicles and replicas thereof. Other vehicles such as production “concept” cars may be allowed.
---
8.Participants must use DOT approved tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition street tire with a 200 tread wear rating or higher. Comp tires are defined as any treaded or grooved DOT tires with a tread wear rating less than 200, or “R” compound track tires. No slicks, modified or shaved tires will be allowed and street tires must have a minimum 5/32-tread depth.
---
9.Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
---
11.Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
a.Functional seatbelts.
b.Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
c.Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
d.All lug nuts in place and tight.
e.Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
f.All loose items must be removed from vehicle. (Floor mats, things hanging from rearview mirror, cassettes, CDs, and glove box, console, trunk items.)
To me, that means as long as the exterior is basically stock, the interior doesn't matter so long as you have functioning seat belt for every installed seat. Whatever weight I can easily remove before the event and re-install later I'd like to chase... extra seats, carpet, rear seat belts, etc. With the rules subject to change at any time prior to the event, I don't want to arrive only to be told I can't compete because I removed the wrong items.

Robin says to be sure we arrive before noon Saturday... does that mean we don't need to be there for every autocross event? I don't understand how we determine when we race when there are multiple time windows over the weekend.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

Schedule says "real street".......I assume they meant TT5?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by KeithBerryZ06
Schedule says "real street".......I assume they meant TT5?
Yes, 275/TT5 share the similar rules as the LSX Shootout Real Street Class. Sorry if we get em mixed up sometimes.

Robin
Old 08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Robin says to be sure we arrive before noon Saturday... does that mean we don't need to be there for every autocross event? I don't understand how we determine when we race when there are multiple time windows over the weekend.
When we talked about Tech Closing at Noon it's for the Drag Racing classes. I am not involved with the AX or the Speed Stop so I canot answer questions about those events.

I will forward this to Jimi Day for a response.

Thanks

Robin
Old 08-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Teching In

I've gotten off the OP's topic, want to split this off?

I already did re-review the currently posted rules and was looking for clarification. Autox/Speed stop rules regarding vehicle preparation are fairly vague:

To me, that means as long as the exterior is basically stock, the interior doesn't matter so long as you have functioning seat belt for every installed seat. Whatever weight I can easily remove before the event and re-install later I'd like to chase... extra seats, carpet, rear seat belts, etc. With the rules subject to change at any time prior to the event, I don't want to arrive only to be told I can't compete because I removed the wrong items.

You are correct, the interior doesn't really concern us as long as you have a functional seat belt for every seat and everything has been removed from the car.

We will not allow a switch from comp tires to street tires after registration. It is possible to register for both classes for an additional fee.

AX and SS competitors must make at least three runs on each to qualify for the Grand Champion award. Aside from that, there is no other requirements for AX and SS. The drag race times dictate participation in all other events, so plan accordingly. Don't be in line or on the AX course when your drag class is called.

This is a first year event and we will be as flexible as possible with all competitors providing it doesn't give a competitive advantage to anyone. In exchange, we appreciate your patience with our team!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Jimi - I'm not participating in the drag race, just the Autox Pack. As far as switching tires, do you mean the registration at Bowling Green, or the electronic payment/registration form on the website? What I specifically wanted to know was this... if I register online with comp tires, but then decide I can't/won't bring the comp tires, then arrive in Bowling Green with street tires... can I change my registration at Bowling Green to use street tires for the same events I registed for online?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for getting the schedule posted.

Quick Reply: Is there a schedule for the event?