Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job Justin... very consistant and a new best... next party is in your back yard...Indy
Old 09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 267 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by SMITH
I would assume you are talking about me or Wayne. I was at a local race less than 2 hours from home and Wayne and Steve were gone to pick up a new car trailer. I couldn't justify driving that far to race when the payout wasn't worth it. I feel like I won the race out there anyway with Brian Black taking it home. Heck I even had parts on a car in the real street class.

Congrats to all my friends out there that did well! Paul, Ted, Brian Black and Mr. Hopkins, Im glad yall all had a good weekend. I just wish Meeks would have turned it down some and went some rounds instead of just hunting for a number.
Anyone who wasn't there.... I was under the impression this race was created for all of the faster heads up 1/8 mile only racers that compete in X275 or who don't fit in any other class. Just a little disappointed in the showing, not really calling out anyone in particular.

I would just like to series grow and thought the promoters hit all the details to make it happen.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:38 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by helicoil
Anyone who wasn't there.... I was under the impression this race was created for all of the faster heads up 1/8 mile only racers that compete in X275 or who don't fit in any other class. Just a little disappointed in the showing, not really calling out anyone in particular.

I would just like to series grow and thought the promoters hit all the details to make it happen.
I think it was a great race and I would have loved to come out to it. I just couldn't travel that far for that payout. I think all those involved did a great job with the race and I'm sure participation will grow. There is a reason that the yellow bullet race and ducks races are so big and its the big purse. I know a lot of people will go to races like the ls fest to get some publicity and be in the magazines and such and that's great but its not my thing. I know I have not participated in any of the ls races and I'm not taking anything away from anyone who has but 99% of the races I go to I am the only ls car there and I am usually able to run up front and in my opinion that says more for the ls platform than an ls only race. I would like to see more ls cars show up at sgmp next month. In the february race I was the only one in x275, Meeks was only one in no-boost and Dwayne was the only one in outlaw 275 and you would think there would be more ls cars to make a showing at the biggest radial race of the year. The ls fest is still in its early stages and I would like to think that it will continue to get bigger each year but only time will tell.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Glad you came to Piedmont, it was awesome seeing you run that 5.01! I really wanted to see you and Chad in the finals though. You and him matching up in the finals was the buzz throughout the pits the whole day. Too bad it didn't go down and the one wheelstanding machine out there, put the bird on the trailer after it wheelstanded 3 times lol. Oh well, you gonna be at civil wars at The Rock?
I would have liked to have got the chance to run Chad during eliminations but it just didn't work out. It would have been nice to have a chance to get that bounty money but thats not why I was really there. I wish the track would have been better so I could have tried to put some power down and run a number but it just wasn't like I wanted it to be. I came to test to try and fix my electrical problem so at least thats straight. Its a great bunch of folks that run x275 down there with the HED, HRE and Mac Fab crew and we always have a great time with those folks. Yes we are planning on being at Civil Wars. I got to try and keep my title!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks justin! looking forward to going another 3 rounds in oct!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I hope we have SYF again next year and a few of the other class-legal cars can come race though I understand that September has a lot of racing going. I know even for me it's quite a thrill to see these cars that we jaw about all year racing each other.

Plus for those who have never been, we have the track to ourselves for three days. It's so awesome!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SMITH
I would have liked to have got the chance to run Chad during eliminations but it just didn't work out. It would have been nice to have a chance to get that bounty money but thats not why I was really there. I wish the track would have been better so I could have tried to put some power down and run a number but it just wasn't like I wanted it to be. I came to test to try and fix my electrical problem so at least thats straight. Its a great bunch of folks that run x275 down there with the HED, HRE and Mac Fab crew and we always have a great time with those folks. Yes we are planning on being at Civil Wars. I got to try and keep my title!
Well I hope you make it out to Piedmont more often. I am usually the only ls car there unless the Tick guys show up, and there is the odd street car thrown in here and there. I thought it was funny as hell when the announcer(i forget his name) said as you rolled into the water box, well folks this car's got a.....got a.....well I don't know what kind of motor it has in it BUT IT'S FAST! lol not many get to see ls motors day in and day out in x275 or rs and ODR even.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That announcer was a riot... when he wasn't just talking for the sake of talking.

Quick Reply: Updates