LS Fest Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car show needs a different format. Really, one catagory and one prize for every car ever built with a LS motor ? $75.00 wasted on a car show only one person had a chance to win. For that kinda coin everyone showing should have at least had a chance for their car catagory. There was a class for everything else, Hell I should have thrown my 402 thats in the shop in the bed of our truck and called it under construction, I would've stood a better chance of winning.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dragman
So your telling me guy in Cali and tech guy is wrong? He said I could (and could use his name) but could not touch laptop after ready line. I was maybe 8 cars back when u told me that. Lets say u are right y was I allowed to run this all weekend. Just dont make any sense. So what about prestaging and turning on both bulbs.

Like I said Look at the rule book it's there.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:37 AM
Teching In

I didn't like the fact that I got there Friday at 3:00 and they told me true street test and tune was over then Saturday I got to make one pass before the cruise so basically it cost $75 to make one pass because a ujoint gave out on the cruise where as if I had of been able to test Friday I could've changed it out by Saturday And would've been able to finish the event
Old 09-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

They had a schedule posted multiple places. Trying getting there on time?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

I've ran rumble all year and I can tell you there are VERY few who don't courtesy stage, but there are some
Old 09-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sw07gt
They had a schedule posted multiple places. Trying getting there on time?
We learned our lesson and we know it is our fault. Wish we woulda been there at like 10 instead of 1. By the time we were set to run.. it was 2:55. Sucks... But it was by our own hand.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

Like most events TnT tapers off as we get through the weekend.... A lot the first day, less the next, none at the end. I suggest getting in Thursday night, and you will have plenty of times to make TnT hits friday night.

The racers deeply appreciated that Holley had Scott Wittwer coming by and giving us updates on when we would run again.

I think it also worked really well having all of the longer enclosed rigs in the back row.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:12 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Like most events TnT tapers off as we get through the weekend.... A lot the first day, less the next, none at the end. I suggest getting in Thursday night, and you will have plenty of times to make TnT hits friday night.

The racers deeply appreciated that Holley had Scott Wittwer coming by and giving us updates on when we would run again.

I think it also worked really well having all of the longer enclosed rigs in the back row.
NEVER once did Scott come over to my pit area. I saw him saturday when I was in Marks pit area and asked him to come by our pit area and keep us informed. He never once came by, there were 4 of us pitting together. Between the crap intercom speakers and NO communication from Scott I had to stand and watch for one of my competitors going to the lanes to find out when I was running. A far cry from the wonderful communication we recieved in Georgia
Old 09-14-2011, 10:25 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by koolrayz
NEVER once did Scott come over to my pit area. I saw him saturday when I was in Marks pit area and asked him to come by our pit area and keep us informed. He never once came by, there were 4 of us pitting together. Between the crap intercom speakers and NO communication from Scott I had to stand and watch for one of my competitors going to the lanes to find out when I was running. A far cry from the wonderful communication we recieved in Georgia
that is true about Ga, i am mainly deaf so that is important too. luckily i have crew members that are my ears lol. But have kind of become accustomed to not hearing the call and watch fellow competitors.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tune the radio in your trailer to the track radio. That's what we did. It was the only way we knew when to go to the lanes.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thats what I did, tuned the radio and listened for my class. I had fun really cant complain except for when I was trying park. They told me to look for a guy on a green golf cart. It took me almost an hour to find him driving around in the pits. I was just happy that the car drove on the trailer under its on power.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

I hear ya. Actually Holley wanted all the Pro Class racers pitted over in the back row where we were... Next year we'll can all be in one row.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nmcajeff
Like I said Look at the rule book it's there.
Really this is what NHRA says.

9:1 COMPUTER (December 13, 2010)

2nd paragraph

During NHRA competition, no a portable computer (e.g., laptop, PDA, Palm Pilot, programmer, etc.) must be securely mounted when may be installed or located in a vehicle driver’s compartment at any point beyond the staging area ready line. All functions or values must be pre-set prior to this point.

http://www.nhra.com/UserFiles/file/2...Amendments.pdf

Pat Cvengros

Pacific Division Technical Director

(626) 250-2295

There is a amendment to that rule. understand there is no hard feeling here just wanting to know about what rules are.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I beleive Dragman is correct here, I'd be pissed too buddy.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well you also did not want to be paired with a "race car". You should not need a laptop in the car during eliminations anyway.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nice4thgenZ
Well you also did not want to be paired with a "race car". You should not need a laptop in the car during eliminations anyway.
Really dont know where u got that because never was said by me. All I said to lane guy was I thought F was running F and E was running E on so on. Yes laptop is going be in car because I log ever pass. NHRA says I can so I will.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragman
Really dont know where u got that because never was said by me. All I said to lane guy was I thought F was running F and E was running E on so on. Yes laptop is going be in car because I log ever pass. NHRA says I can so I will.

Hope you got a solid state hard drive.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a blast..I cant wait for next year. Made my first 10 sec passes..had a lot of guys checking my heap out. Everyone was really laid back and pretty cool. Also A LOT of other things to do like the Vette plant, Museum, Mammoth Cave..Cant wait!! A lot of my friends missed out and plan to go next year!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:16 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Hope you got a solid state hard drive.
My hard drive ***** up a lot LOL
Old 09-19-2011, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cheeks
I've ran rumble all year and I can tell you there are VERY few who don't courtesy stage, but there are some
agreed and i think we all know who "some" is lol

i was pitted with all the heads up guys and never had him come to us or even seen him. and the speakers were terrible were i was. GA was awesome how helpfull they were, here not so much

Quick Reply: LS Fest Feedback