International Members For our members outside of the USA

I need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help...

First off I am in the military and I have an assignment to germany and I'm in NC and my car is also registered here in nc.

My 01 ta has h/c/lt's and for now a cat'd y pipe. I want to take that cat'd y pipe off and put a ory on. Now when its time to ship my car over to germany will it fail inspection when I take it down to have it shipped or will they even bother checking for them? I'm being told they (cat's) aren't needed or should I say required in germany. Can anyone help me out with this. I just want to make sure when its time to ship it off, that I wont' have any problems. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

when you got to ship it, they wont give a **** wtf the car has or does not have on it, but i would just leave the cat and regular y pipe on there then change them out after your inspection, trust me man its kinda apin int he *** to get america cars to pass, i personally know all the inspectiors at both bases and they are dicks, they will check all kinds of stupdi ****, but you will need your cats, the ory wont make you fail but why push your luck? and make sure that your ebrake works really good cause thats what makes most cars fail, my mom was the person that shipped all the cars to and from germany so if you got any questions let me know and are you going to ramstein or spang?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:41 AM
Launching!

Your honestly going to have to find someone to "Pass" or else youll fail for all kinds of DUMB ****. There is another board for mainland Europe F-Body Owners.... i think its www.fbodyeurope.org should be able the find *someone to pass you...

-justin

Last edited by ORedRoc4; 03-15-2008 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ORedRoc4
Your honestly going to have to find someone to "Pass" or else youll pass for all kinds of DUMB ****. There is another board for mainland Europe F-Body Owners.... i think its www.fbodyeurope.org should be able the find *someone to pass you...

-justin
Yep thats it. Bunch of real nice guys over there.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

There isnt a soul on spang that cares about cats or the ebrake. had mine inspected again(both vehicles) and they didnt say a word about the lack of cats, and didnt touch my ebrakes.

Quick Reply: I need some help...