Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy

A little about myself ...My name is Brandon, Been along time viewer of the site and just now got around to joining it. I'm 23 years old and I'm a machinist (thats been my line of work since I was 18 and fresh out of high school). I come from a gear head back ground and spent alot of my childhood helping dad or watching him work on his own stuff I'm always tinkering with something and cant leave anything alone or stock ... well thats mine atleast. Anywho I just became a new owner of a LS-1 F-Body (know alittle about them but still learning and reading on them as much as I can so I can understand everything lot better). Anywho here is my junk ... Sorry its dirty right now (soppose to snow tonight so I didn't cleaned it real good like I normally do)

It has alittle bit done to it, LS6 intake,SLP lid and bellow,Z06 cam,COMP lifters,springs,pushrods,rockers,Pacesetter LT's,3" ORY,3" exhaust (flowmaster .. yuck going to go true duels soon so ..) No EGR,No Emssions,computer tuned,shiftkit in trans.3.73's in the rear-end .. no times yet but should get some in '09 Season Hope a 12 something lol
Old 12-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Teching In

And if anyone cares here are afew of my past rides I have had

93 Z/28 LT-1 auto , it was stock but a nice driver

80 Malibu Classic, 355,th350,fuel cell, 8pt cage

86 IROC-Z 357,th400, .. alot of work went into this one! Was a $500 junkyard roller

I sold them all , Wish I still had the Malibu and IROC but was made really good offers on them I couldnt say no to ( and paid off alot of debt mistakes I made when I was 18 with plastic, lesson learned!) ... The LT-1 started having alot of problems with the opti (gone thru 2 lol) and had some PCM & wiring issues (only car I have ever gave up on!)
Old 12-14-2008, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

Welcome! Nice rides. Could you tell a difference with the Z06 cam?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Welcome to the site, nice toys.
love those Malibu's.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Teching In

I got it from a buddie who was doing a rebuild and ended up going a different grind, I can feel difference in it then how the car was when I first got it (its not grumpy like I'd like to have but I think it did give it just a hair bit different tone in my opinion) Seems pick up speed alot better then before and like it for what all I have done now ... Though I hope to start breaking ground on a grumpy 6.0L build over the summer
Old 12-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Welcome,
I am new as well

I have a 86 Iroc,
LG4 Carbed 305 and T5,and 3.73 posi rear
Its white with red int.stock