Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from VA (another one)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from VA (another one)

Hey all. Scott here. I'm not a big Bow Tie guy. Well, I'm more of a Chevy fan than Ford. But I'm not an owner. I joined up to tap the knowledge base here because I'm purchasing an LS1 engine out of a 97 Vette. I plan on doing a mild rebuild and stuffing into my 1995 Jeep YJ. I know, I'm cross breeding. But I'm getting the best of both worlds. Embarrassing power off the line, and PLENTY of off road horsepower.

As it stands, the motor has a spun bearing. Not a big deal. I planned on some machine shop $$ anyway. But for the price I'm paying for the engine ($350) I think I'm getting one hell of a deal. Only things it's missing is the reluctor wheel (never knew these existed until today), wiring harness and ECU. So after I ask some questions here on the board, I'll start up a build thread at some point. Look forward to conversations.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome, what part of Virginia are you from? I use to the have YJ in my sig and that inline 6 was a dog, especially with it pushing 35"x15" tires with the stock gears. Good luck with the swap!
Old 03-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Teching In

In NOVA. Actually Warrenton. Love the avatar BTW!!!!! That reminds me to update my avatar.

The 4.0L HO is a great reliable motor. In fact, swapping in the 350 isn't really necessary because mine is in great shape at 102k miles. Lots of upgrades and clean. But, I've always wanted to rebuild an engine. Unfortunately the only play vehicle I have to put one in is the Jeep. I'll work on getting my 70 Chevelle after I'm done with the Jeep. lol

Last edited by USMCGunner; 03-11-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Hey man! I'm from VA too, and I'm also a Jeep junkie...gotta love the money pit.

I have an '84 CJ-7 and a '96 XJ. The small block Chevy swap is DEFINITELY the holy grail for a CJ/YJ Jeep. Good luck!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

welcome from VA. if your looking for a motor i know where theres a 6.0 ls for sale running for $700 . its from an 04 van. if your interested i'll give you the number to the company. i'm sure they'll ship or you can take a 2 1/2 hr. trip to pick it up yourself

later
Old 03-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Damn. I wish I had caught this post earlier. I just picked up the short block today.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

yeah i wish i hadnt spent a sh@t load on my cam set up and went w/ the 6.0 but i didnt run across it until a few days ago (after my stuff arrived ) hopefully its still there in a few weeks . if not i'm sure they'll run across another 1. theyre a salvage yard they might have a few laying around who knows?? hows the f body scene up there i lived in Manassas for a few yrs. ago and didnt see much going on but a bunch of ricers