Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new guy

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default new guy

I posted this message as a reply, so I thought I would post it as a new thread and introduce myself!

Thanks for the welcome!

I have been a gear head for a long time! Did some drag racing back in the 70s & 80s and have played alot since then. I love muscle Cars!! I built my first engine when I was 12 years old , with my Dad's help of course. I have always been a chevy man. My dad helped me to buy a 1968 Chevelle SS 396 when I graduated from high school in 1969. I was hooked! I learned very quick that the chevys made more power and were cheaper to build than the rest of the American cars.

I have had 7 Camaros, most of them Z-28s, 2 corvettes, 2 chevelles, and even a Monte Carlo. All of those cars were easy to hot rod and fix up because there were no computer controled systems to speak of. Now I bought my first 4th generation Z-28 and I have to learn how to use and modify these new systems in order to keep up. I stayed with the old stuff until I drove one of these LS1 powered machines. It really reminds me of the old days! The muscle cars of today, while different, still make plenty of power and are fun to drive. I still have a 77 Z-28 that I am fixing up, but I have put that one on the backburner for now.

So I am looking forward to working on and driving '98 Z-28. You guys provide alot of good information. Thanks for providing a place where I can share and learn from others. I maybe 52, but I am feel like I am 18 when I am drivng and enjoying the art of Hot Rodding no matter what form it is!

Thanks again,
Deeavi

Last edited by Deeavi; 11-12-2003 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man welcome from one new guy to another...
Old 11-12-2003, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the site, lots of good info here.