Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the Site

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Site

Hello everyone, I'm new to LS1Tech as well as the F-body in general. I've been lurking around this site for probably two straight weeks and finally decided to register. I've never really had an opportunity to work on cars, and after I found out that my girlfriends dad used to fix up old cars and said he would help me, I started searching for something to work on.

I'm currently looking at an '02 Camaro Z28 and am in the process of securing funds for one. From what I've read in the newbie sections I have a general idea of what I'd like to do and I can't explain how much this site alone has helped me. If anyone has any advice for a newbie besides "Check the stickies" (since I do daily) I am all ears!

Another thing, and this is probably a little too broad of a question but I figured I'd ask, what general price range should I be looking to spend to get a '98 to '02 M6 NON MODDED Z28?

Anyway, great site, and thanks for all the information!
Old 09-03-2009, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Welcome! It all depends on the milage and condition but i'd say $7,000 to $12,000
Old 09-03-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's around what I've been seeing between Craiglist and AutoTrader for the area. All the dealers are charging at least 14k in most cases (duh) so hopefully I can get one soon. Going searching next Tuesday and will keep my fingers crossed!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

with the economy and the 'go green' thing, you should be able to get most dealerships to drop the prices. got my 2001 SS with 49k for 10,900. very clean, so you should be ok. good luck on the search and welcome.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's comforting. 10,900 is what I could do. With a decent down payment that wouldn't be too bad on me. Just can't wait to get the car and start modding.