Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new from kansas

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new from kansas

hey im from overland park and just bought an ls1.

2000 red camaro ss 93000 miles for 4 grand. pretty sure i got a good deal.

it is A4 with shift kit. stock motor. lowered 2 1/2 inches.

third day i drove it.... went over a speed bump about 1mph, bottomed out. drove home and parked it. went back out to the garage a little bit later and noticed oil leaks. i was pissed. it wasnt leaking too bad so i drove it another day. parked it and coolant just started spilling out of the water pump. then jacked up the car to take a look under it for damage. no crack in the oil pan, but oil coming from all around it so i thought it was the gasket. took it to auto repair shop and they told me it needs new tranny mount, new oil pan gasket, water pump, belts, hoses thermostat. gonna run me 1200

oh well its comin out of the shop tomoro so i will just learn to go over speed bumps even slower. not 100% sure how much i want to mod it but would like to go into the 12's with bolt ons.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude don't go to the car shops to get it fixed. You can buy everything on here for dirt cheap. All you need is tools and some mechanical knowledge. If you don't know how to fix something or you can't find the problem post up on here in the appropriate forum and they can get you fixed up. I bet you would have spend even half of that if you would have checked on here first. I'm originally from Garden City Kansas but I'm up in Wyoming now. I seen a Kansas post on here and I thought I would help a fellow Kansan out. Good luck man. Later Chris
Old 10-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome from across the state line. I'm in Lee's Summit.

I second the motion above. You can save tons o cash by taking on the work yourself.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Congrats on the car, sorry bout the speed bump

Heck ya do your own stuff man. I always do!! We can all try to help out and im sure you can always find a willing body to come by if you get stuck.

Im in wichita area, build transmissions everyday...so if u need help/advice there hit me up

~Wes

Last edited by kaw_kaw; 10-07-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: dumb
Old 10-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Launching!

i was from mcpherson at one point, but welcome to the site
Old 10-07-2009, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

yeah thanks for the responses guys. believe me i would love to do it myself. but i dont have the tools. my friend was telling me to do it myself because he replaced the water pump on his truck and i know more about cars than anyone at my school so i think i could do it. but the mechanic (and im sure he was bull shitting me) was talking about how hard it would be to try myself so i am just going to pay this time