Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from Ohio, first GM car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hello from Ohio, first GM car.

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend bought a 2000 Trans Am M6 a while back from a dealership in Canton, Ohio. It was bone stock but it looked like it had repairs done to it prior. It now has a zo6 clutch and flywheel setup, a hurst shifter with the short stick, and an slp cai setup. The trans needs rebuilt but is still very strong. So I guess a minor rebuild would do it. We took it to the track and ran a 13.34@108on street tires at Drag Way 42. I needed to better my launch as it seeed to do best when I slipped the clutch and slowly eased into it. All around this is a good car that we have been running into hiccups with. But we still love it. It's too bad GM didn't keep Pontiac as a new firebird would have been great to see. Thank you ls1tech.

My gf and I are both mechanical-polymer engineers, from the University of Akron. I didn't graduate until recently due to me serving 4 years active duty in the Army.

-Troy
Old 10-27-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome and those times are very good for a stock car. Add a lid and you'll gain a solid 8RWHP. Then add some LT Headers and a tune and you'll be close to 340-345 RWHP and into the 12's.

Since you have a 2000, you would benefit from a LS6 Intake as well.

Bill
Old 10-27-2009, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Good #'s, when were you at 42? What color is the T/A?

I was up there last week, if I get things done on time I might go out tonight w/ my TBSS.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Hello,

Yes we have been reading here for quite some time. She looks at the summit catalog and wants so many things. I don't blame her but she even wants those E3 spark plugs because they are the best.... according to the infomercial... er I mean speed channel. I do like it for what it is... but if I see one more zmax commercial I'm going to convert to spike. I do like the ls6 intake. We were looking at the weiand intake as well as the fast (which yes we read much of the newbie "so you wanna go fast" thread). I think a cam/springs, intake, headers, rear end upgrade, and a tune will suffice for this car. My gf doesn't really get on it. In any case. Now the car is idling at 3k and I can't get it to stop. I posted in the general maintenance/fixing area... maybe I am in the wrong spot of the sub forum. Have a good one!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zzzzz
Good #'s, when were you at 42? What color is the T/A?

I was up there last week, if I get things done on time I might go out tonight w/ my TBSS.
Oops sorry, it should have been in my first post. It's black with t-top. Leather interior (I think that's how they all came, not sure). We were there a few weekends ago... on a Sunday. Like I said it is not my daily it is my gf's fun car. Hopefully we can get it fixed somehow. This is really bugging me. My friend Zach has a white 95 camaro that has a vortech on it. He is my only gm friend. These ls1's are great. I always knew they were.