Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello fellas!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello fellas!!

Hello to everyone, Just a simple introduction. 1997 30yr Anniversary Camaro Z28. I just got it last month and already put over 1,000 miles on it. Boy did I have an itch!!! It just reached 99,500. I guess that's not too bad concidering the year. From what I read on the Carfax, I am the 3rd owner and it seems that they took pretty good care of the car... I'm here to learn about the LT1 and perhaps some simple upgrades for now like intakes, maybe change the opti if nesassary. (is there a performance opti?) I really would like to dress it up under the hood a bit while I wait till the winter to pass to give a new paint job. It's got minor scratches, normal age wear. Thanks to all in advance!!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:22 PM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

The best upgrade for a 97 Z28 would have to be an LS swap.

Welcome to the site.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HWI
The best upgrade for a 97 Z28 would have to be an LS swap.

Welcome to the site.
Thanks for the welcome.. Sounds awesome!! But perhaps some time in the near future I will get another with an LS already in. But for now Ithink I want to concentrate on perking this one up. It's completly stock and I already had to change the water pump. It looked like the Opti was a bit dirty. I'm just wondering where I can take it to clean out the well then I can start dressing it up a bit inside myself. I'm in the N.Y. area which is a nightmare for cars if you dont have a garage. Hopefully by June I will be closing on a house than I can start doing some work on it myself in my own garage. For now just doing some research.. So is there such a thing as "performance Opti's"? Dont mean to sound like a newb but my last Camaro was a 94 6 pack wich is a far cry from the LT1.
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Congrats on the Z28. The LT1 makes great power and are fun cars to drive. MSD makes performance opti's but I would look around on the LT1 boards to see what users have to say about stock units vs. performance. In the end you might be better off with a stock replacement when it comes time for one. I have also seen people convert from the opti-spark ignition system over to an LS crank trigger ignition with the 8 coil pack setup. Good luck with the Z and keep up posted.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi welcome to the site, I been on ls1tech for over a year now and its a great forum I have learned a lot of stuff, when it comes down to the lt1 check out this site, its an ltx specific forum you might by able to find more info about your car and more ideas on the build. http://ltxtech.com/forums/