Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from WV

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from WV

Hey guys,
I'm Mike and I'm from Morgantown, WV. I'm new to the lsx world and loving all the info on here. Thanks! One of my buddy's has a 02 TA with just cat-back and intake. After taking it for drive I was impressed with the power it had with so little mods. I have been looking around for a new project for a few months anyways. So after the drive I knew I wanted something with the ls1 in it. I like to be a little different so I started looking around for a ride to do a swap on. I looked at few different rides, 90 RX7, 92 240, 88 Firebird Formula. Then I found a 98 s10 ext-cab 2wd in the local paper with 168,000 miles, it has some dents here and there and is missing the lower bumper but over all it's a nice truck for a swap. Well I snaked it for 1000 bucks! With the info I have found on here I decided to do get a LQ4 for the swap, so I called the local salvage yard and they had a 05 lq4 with 40,000 miles on it. Well now it's sitting in the garage also. So far, I only have ls6 intake with TB and injectors and a set of stock 243 heads for the motor. I do have my ls mounts and header on the way so I should be able to start the swap very soon. I do still need to run back down to the salvage yard to pick up a Explorer 8.8 rear end with disc brakes and a few little things. I told the wife I could do the swap for under $5000, I hope I don't make a liar of myself. Lol! I'm hoping to have it up and running by spring so I can spank a few buddy's at the track.

Sorry for the long post but I'm kind of excited about this project and my wife just don't understand. Lol!

Mike