Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Mopar to Pontiac

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar to Pontiac

LS1 new guy here.......i recently bought a 2002 T/A WS6 with 80k miles and Im excited about making it faster. My previous car was a 2005 300C with 445 rwhp and 515 r tqe. It was all top end but could run a DA corrected 11.9

So Im gonna try something different this time and start from the rear and work my way forward. Ive read the sticky in the gear section but its all numbers and letters I dont understand.

Basically, I want my car to be a casual racer (race once a month on a track) but be fast on the street. I think 3.70 gears would work for me, is there anything that needs to be strenghtened?

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! I'm in the process of nearly the same except from mopar to chevy....again! Got the itch to get back into an f'body so i'm about to list my 28000 mile charger srt8 to free up the cash.

If this will truely be casual as the camaro i'm buying is, built engine and trans but stock rear, keep street tires on it and it should be fine as well as keeping the cost of the build down too. Drag radials or slicks will give the 10 bolts a beating and you may find yourself needing a tow to get it home!

Good luck to you!!
Old 12-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks! this time im going to start from the rear and work my way forward with my first mod being new gears. i was wondering if i will need new shafts or something else.

street tires with drag radials in the future.