Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from the great NW

Old 01-24-2011, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from the great NW

Hello all. just would like the time to say Hi, i am new to this community i suppose. I am a mustang guy, the proud owner of a 2004 Mustang Mach 1. I found a sweet deal for my dad online, a 2006 GTO 6spd with plenty of engine work done. bored and stroked to a 427 =). just getting on here to gather more information on the engine due to the all of the modifications and the fact it is running on the stock cylinder heads. currently puts down a decent 453rwhp and 478lb.ft. just wondering if the LS2's came with the cathedral ports any help is appreciated.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just noticed the NW in your sig. I am originally from BC. As to the question on heads the choice is yours either square port or cathedral. You should find out what your short block is comprised of since you don't bore these motor out. Bore size could help decide valve size/head choice.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
Just noticed the NW in your sig. I am originally from BC. As to the question on heads the choice is yours either square port or cathedral. You should find out what your short block is comprised of since you don't bore these motor out. Bore size could help decide valve size/head choice.
I believe it is a Gen IV block. still has the 6.0L casting. this is comming from my limited LS knowledge, sorry, but hey thats what i am here to learn =D.

EDIT: i will have to go through the invoices again. the previous owner dumped a lot of money into this build, the only thing he skimped on were a set of heads, those were left stock from the 6.0L.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I G Joe
I believe it is a Gen IV block. still has the 6.0L casting. this is comming from my limited LS knowledge, sorry, but hey thats what i am here to learn =D.

EDIT: i will have to go through the invoices again. the previous owner dumped a lot of money into this build, the only thing he skimped on were a set of heads, those were left stock from the 6.0L.
what part of the northwest are you from?

Search this Thread