Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newb from Central TX

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb from Central TX

Hey guys, I have been trolling around here for the past month or so soaking in all the LS swap info I can for my '71 Chevelle project. I am a long time Mustang enthusiast so this will be my 1st GM product.

The Chevelle was intended to be a parts car for a rusted SS my wife's uncle planned on restoring. The SS was sold and the Malibu got left behind. This is what I "think" happened with this car. After looking at the dash and seeing what appeared to be damage from an electrical fire in the center, and looking at other things like no repaints and minimal rust. I am thinking this car was taken off the road fairly early in it's life. The odometer shows 50k miles and given the shape of the car I have no reason to doubt it. Looks like the fire happened and it got raided to fix up others. It has been like this since the mid 80's. Last Feb. the building it was sittin under for 6 years fell on it.

More pics can be found in my Team Chevelle posting: http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311447

I recently purchased an aluminum 5.3 with LS1 heads to build up and am looking forward to picking up as much info and help here as I can.