Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

FNG in Riverside CA

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG in Riverside CA

Whats up!
dont let the name fool you, i'm not one of those ricer kids. I've been aorund bowties enough in my life and took a little side trip down the import path. got into drifting (been doing it on tracks since 2001) and decided its now time to come back to Chevy.
I've always wanted a camaro, mainly a 1st gen to rebuild with my pop. since the recent revival, its gotten me even more excited. dont quite have the scratch for a 5th gen (yet?) so i figure the next best (and most reliable) option is a 4th gen.
i've already got one lined up that i will grab as soon as i sell my 240sx.
its a black 98 z28 no T-tops with a rebuild using some nice goodies (LS7 lifters, new intake mani, cam, LS2 chain, etc...)
here is a vid form the current owner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1ZuT3_w04Q
yeah going to replace those lights soon... probably with the stock looking black housing lights on amazon/ebay. need some black signals too...

anyway, its set up right now with strano springs, koni shocks, strano sways, UMI panhard, offset camber bushings, and other various goodies (seen in vid).
it was built with autocrossing in mind, so its perfect for drifting and i also plan to autocross a bit. im a reader of Camaro Performers magazine, and already a member of Camaro5.com so i have been itching to attend some events and meet some of you socal guys/gals!

a little about me now.
active duty navy E-6 living in temecula, originally from garden grove CA, moved to oceanside (san diego) in 91, joined in 2000, stationed in japan from 05 to 08, now back in san diego making the vanpool from temecula. 31 with an amazing and supportive wife (who LOVEs watching me drift!) 2.5 year old twins, and living life to the fullest.
i'll probably be making the majority of my posts in suspension, wheels/tires. im all about making things handle and look better! and you know, going fast is nice too.

see you around!

Chris
Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sublime in the house. Garden Grove baby.

Welcome!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yyyyyeah they were from long beach but close enough lol
thanks for the welcome!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome! Check out the Western Section forum here on Tech and post up an introduction or a link to this thread. There's a big F-body scene in SoCal. Also check out Motorgen.com for local mountain runs... Always liked the Motorgen runs. Are there any places that have drifting events down in SD? I know in Riverside Adam's Kart Track does (or used to do) time attacks and/or drift events.

P.S. If you are serious about autocrossing with your F-body, talk to this guy... He knows his stuff, and lives in Lakewood: https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=27982