Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New on the Gulf Coast

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New on the Gulf Coast

First let me say Hello all.

I bought a 2001 Firebird conv. Used with less than 20k miles on it in 2006. It was base model 3.8L etc, nothing special. As I have a 100mile commute, each way, daily for work wanted something fun to drive. My thinking was drive it till the wheels fell off then get to maken her really mine. I grew up around high performance all my life, my father was a mopar nut and 2 of my uncles where huge ford guys. I grew up rebuilding 440's 289's 302's for strip and track with them.

Well the wheels didn't fall off, at 150k miles, was a weird valve knock on number 6 and a " random misfire" computer reading . It starts really loud on start up but fades ofter a few minutes as she warms up. Well the 6 is dead, or soon will be.

So now she is parked, and I have a LS7 sitting on my engine stand. The days of " Nothing special" have ended for my Gosalynn, Yes she has a name.

My wife thinks I am crazy, and I may be just that. I am documenting everything. this isn't just an engine swap. I am totally over hauling the entire car.

Wish me luck,
Old 03-27-2011, 07:55 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Good luck indeed. I've heard it gets fairly involved swapping a v6 to a v8. Should be a really nice ride when you get her done. Might be a good opportunity to pic and document. Keep us updated!!