Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

From the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post From the Netherlands

My name is Sander and I live in the Netherlands. I've been reading the forums for quite some time now and i've just registered here. In my country f-bodies are rare, very rare and are pretty hard to get your hands on when you're on a budget. It's mostly european and asian cars on the road in the Netherlands.

So imagine having a dream of once owning one, fortunately this dream will become a reallity very soon. This month, probably the 20th I will trade my 2007 Fiat grande punto for a nbm '99 z28. To me this is truly a dream come true and I'm sick of waiting

The z28 already has some bolt-ons and has been lowered, i have plans for the car, the downside of living here is that upgrades for a car like this are not very well available and shipping costs make most of my plans unlikely to ever happen

But that does not take away the joy and awesomeness of finally having a dream come true. Oh, English is not my native language so forgive my high-school grammar

Greetings from Holland!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome, post some pics up of the car when you get it.

also your english is very good
Old 05-11-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Welcome!!!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making a dream come true! I lived in the NL for 3 yrs with the miltary and have been trying to come back. I will send you the name of a good shop for repairs if needed. It is located in Uden, the guy owns about 10 Corvettes and hosts yearly gatherings.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome to the fourms and congratulations on your trade you cant go wrong with a z28. Where about in the Netherlands do you live, I have a bunch of friends and family in Groningen. Good luck with the car.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:54 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the warm welcome, the forums are becoming an addiction real fast

@banditz28
Currently in Almere, but have lived al over the place. Groningen is well known to me, been there often. Place to go, Grote Markt. They have some great cafe's and bars.

@JeaneGrae
Were you stationed in Brunsum by any change? I also was in the (dutch) military for five years, for six months i was stationed in Kaiserslautern and Rammstein Airbase (K'town, Germany). Had been driving the the Mac-trucks with flatbeds. Thanks for the tip on Uden, it must be this guy.

@
Thanks, i sure will!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was stationed at Volkel Air Base in Uden. I had a few trips to K'town, but not more than a few days. I miss the night life....lol, I had some good times over there. I sold my 3rd gen TA to a Dutch guy. We chatted briefly, he is still enjoying the TPI torque.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Staging Lane

It has been a few weeks since my last post but there is good news. The z28 is mine finally, it is a euro edition so it has the "stick out" mirrors and side indicators and two massive foglights in the rear bumper. The previous owner already purchased some US mirrors but i have not installed them yet. Other adjustments to car are 1.2" stranos and konis, a few basic boltons, different wing, ss rims and a few other things. A few pics...